Wednesday, March 01, 2006

March Already?!!

I couldn't believe it when I realized we had just passed through yet another month! Yikes!! Today my son was talking about how in just a few years he would be thirteen and sister eleven. I felt a great panic come over me!! Not my babies!! I have been around a friend with youth, one daughter about to graduate and go to college and I am watching her go through elation for her daughter and sadness for herself. She has another son that will be a senior next year and another daughter that will just be beginning high school next year....whoa!

Anyway, it has definitely taken me from calm to fear to calm to fear to prayer. I love my kids SO much and it hurts to even think about them all grown up. I am so sentimental. However, I am also excited for their futures and what God will do through their lives. I am excited about when I will get to spoil their kids and maybe be a grandmother. There are still many things I look forward too. I'm hoping that I will grieve it along the way and be okay when it really happens. Well, I can hope can't I!?

I think another thing that got this thought going was we had a prospective worship leader in last weekend. We spent most of our time with them (he and his wife). They are SO young...just little pups! It really made me feel old. I think I like to still think of myself as young but I am truly in the middle age now! Anyway, he seems to have a real heart for worship and I think he will do good but he will also have a lot to learn. We are all in prayer over this. I'm sure we all have pros and cons so it is just really finding out what God wants for our church. I have to admit I am probably more anxious to get it done than most so it is tempting to just say yes so someone else will be doing it. However, I know the consequences if it is not a good fit...tough, for them and us. So I want to be as sure as we can that it is a right fit.

I have to say though, I have been enjoying worship leading a little more now that I am getting a little more of an idea what to do. There is still a lot of learning going on but it is not as overwhelming as it was at first. I actually had quite a lot of older adults coming up to me after last weeks second service saying they really felt the Lord's presence that day and enjoyed the songs. I was glad for that. I had felt Him too and I'm so thankful for His grace and mercy to me. Thanks for your continued prayer support for me!

Well, I guess that is all I have to time to write at present. March on!

2 comments:

LiteratureLover said...

Man, I know! The year is going by so quickly. I am glad that you are enjoying leading worship more now. That is such a hard job. I hope that your prospective music minister turns out to be a perfect fit!

Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

March is always the month when I say: "OK- I've got "this many" homeschooling goals and we've got to put the pedal to the metal!" I can't believe it's already here either.