Monday, March 06, 2006

Tagged

My sweet friend tagged me with this fun little kitchen questionaire.

1. How many meals does most of your family eat at home each week? How many are in your family? Since I homeschool we eat a lot of meals at home. However, since we started soccer and have practices three nights a week at supper time and church or meetings the other nights as of late we have eaten out much more for supper. There are 4 in our family.

2. How many cookbooks do you own? around 22 My favorites are the "Fix it and forget it!", "Fix it and forget it Lightly" and "Fix it and forget it entertaining". They for the crockpot so it is nice to get it started early and it smells great at the end of the day...if you are there to eat it at the end of the day. :) I also love all the kid cookbooks...quick and more my level...Ha!

3. How often do you refer to a cookbook each week? Weekly.

4. Do you collect recipes from other sources? Yes, I love getting recipes from family and friends. I also check out the internet for some great recipes.

5. How do you store those recipes? In a plastic baggy(that holds my favorites) or recipe box. But mostly use my cookbooks.

6. When you cook, do you follow the recipe pretty closely, or do you use recipes primarily to give you ideas? It depends, as with my hair, I think that I am a gormet cook as well and I wing it. If I don't have some ingredients I improvise with what I think should go there.

7. Is there a particular ethnic style or flavor that predominates in your cooking? If so, what is it? Probably not, I like a mixture, Southern, Mexican, Italian.

8. What’s your favorite kitchen task related to meal planning and preparation? (eating the finished product does not count) Serving plates with the yummy meal prepared.

9. What’s your least favorite part? chopping....I'm not very patient.

10. Do you plan menus before you shop? Try to.

11. What are your three favorite kitchen tools or appliances? Pampered chef Vegetable steamer, only about $11.00 but it is amazing. Put raw or frozen veggies in, push microwave for 3 minutes and wa-la...tender steamed veggies to put in entree or just eat. Of course I love my microwave, fridge and dishwasher.

12. If you could buy one new thing for your kitchen, money was no object, and space not an issue, what would you most like to have? new dining room chairs...they are pretty and antique but wobbley.

13. Since money and space are probably objects, what are you most likely to buy next? Pampered chef stoneware casserole dish.

14. Do you have a separate freezer for storage? Yes- a small chest.

15. Grocery shop alone or with others? Hubby picks up on the way home. We do angel food and then get smaller things along the way. When I must go I probably prefer to go alone just for think time.

16. How many meatless main dish meals do you fix in a week? Probably 4-5. Grilled cheese, mac and cheese, pasta and veggies etc.

17. If you have a decorating theme in your kitchen, what is it? Favorite kitchen colors? I don't really have a theme. It is mostly white and that is fine for fresh feel. I would probably prefer a taupe or light yellow color. I had that in our last house and enjoyed it, with white molding.

18. What’s the first thing you ever learned to cook, and how old were you? Cinnamon toast or chocolate chip cookies....teenager. My Mom was WAY to sweet to us and did most of the cooking.

19. How did you learn to cook? I learned some from watching and helping my Mom. I probably learned the most just by trying once I was on my own and then married. My husband and I learned together. After that I just got more info. and learning from family and friends.

20. Tagging… I’m tagging Janiners and Warmhearts and any new friends on site that would like to try.

1 comment:

LiteratureLover said...

I've got to get that "Cook It and Forget It" cookbook!