Friday, March 03, 2006

Gripping Fear

Last night I had one of those dreams that sets your heart racing. It was about my daughter, one of my greatest fears, and I walked in after it had happened. She was scared needing me and I was wanting to kill someone. I began pelting her with questions wanting to know all and find someone. She couldn't think clearly and just wanted comfort. I woke up very sick at my stomach and heart racing. I was so full of emotions. I ran to my Father seeking comfort, I wanted Him to tell me nothing like this would ever happen to my children, that they would never have any discomfort, that they would always be protected, that I would never have to face this fear or walk through this pain etc... I know he doesn't promise me no pain or hard times but I still want that.

He told me "Be still and know that I am God"

I felt calm again.

3 comments:

LiteratureLover said...

Oh, I know that gripping fear. I've had a similar dream before. But, like you, God revealed Himself and I was able to calm down. I'm glad that we can be still and know that He is God.

joyphil413 said...

Hey, I am a friend of warm hearts and read your blogs when I get a chance... I just read about socceer practice and could relate, it's like welcome to the world of pressure, pain and the high price of playing sports these days... Sorry to say it doesn't get much better, just more intense as the competition and games go on... I know we had to just make the choice to say enough was enough and choose other venues for our children to be a part of...

As I read about your dream, it came right to me that you dreamt about one of your greatest fears... That sub-conscience mind really works hard while we sleep usually bringing forth our greatest worries, cares and fears... You are covered by HIS WINGS AND HIS WORD and HE SHOWED YOU THAT THE MOMENT YOU AWOKE... PRAISE HIM!!! FEAR is just false evidences appearing real and TRUTH sets us free from anything false in our lives... YOU ARE FREE, FLY HIGH, I see you SOARING!!!

heartsjoy said...

Welcome to my blog Joyphil413!!
Thank you for your insight and words! I do love that His truth sets us free!

Meme- Thanks for that prayer support!

Sis, I'm glad we can be still and calmed by Him as well! I know you can relate!