Thursday, March 30, 2006

Beating Up

I have found in my thoughts lately that I worry too much and beat myself up. Whether it is not doing enough in my parenting or schooling or housework or ministry. It can be overwhelming. I feel that I genuinely try but so many times feel the failure. I will let my thoughts get to me before I even realize it. Taking thoughts captive can be a challenge. I've realized that self talk or enemy talk can be upon me so fast and have me down before I even know it. I don't feel that I live my life with a lot of regrets but I think that is the thing I fear the most....regretting. I don't want to regret how I raised my children or treated my husband or how my kids turn out or the ministry I am involved in. I want to see fruit like I feel I should see it. I want so bad for my kids to be passionate about the Lord but I have seen other faithful parents whose children didn't choose that road. I have fears. I am not in control. Nor do I really want to be but it seems that sometimes I wish I were. It seems that my actions look like I have the illusion of having some semblance of control. It is almost a relief for me to realized I don't and that He does. It is also a thing I fear. I know He loves me and realizes all I can handle but I wrestle there. I wish I didn't. I don't want to feel beat up daily. I am praying that He will help me with this battle of the mind and choosing to see the good He has done in me and allow Him to deal with the struggles and future. I need to rest there. I hope I will. But, really, the point I have to come to is that it is not about me and my wants, rather His purpose. His purpose scares me, I can't be perfect in it and I feel that means failure. But He knew that didn't He? It is more of a process of trusting....which I also have issues with. Wow, still so much growing to do. Growth, that is a process I can relate to.

7 comments:

Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

Girl- I sure can relate to all of those fears. I know the feeling of looking at other faithful families whose children did not follow the parent's path and being scared that we will do a repeat.

Everytime I'm tempted to fear- I just start to pray. And I try to humble myself before the Lord and say, "I REALLY need your help here Lord. I'm going to screw it up if I try to do this by myself. Save me (us) in (this area). "When I am afraid I will trust in You."

Thanks for sharing.

LiteratureLover said...

I know these thought processes well. Trusting a soverign God can be scary and yet liberating at the same time. TOFTG's comment made me think of that scripture song from Steve Green, "When I am afraid, I will trust in you..." There is so much packed into that one little song(verse).

heartsjoy said...

Thanks for the encouragement. I do love that song/verse!

SuperMom said...

Wow. I know exactly what you are talking about. It goes back to being perfect. It's tough when even the very best you have isn't good enough. I have those moments when I realize I'm not in control and freak out a little. But then I'm glad I'm not in control, because then my job would be even more intimidating than it already is.

For the record - you are an incredible example we all could follow. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://erapegkm.com/vkzm/xzsc.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://ncmnukwa.com/tadq/hnqj.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit

Anonymous said...

Well done!
http://erapegkm.com/vkzm/xzsc.html | http://ehfvyuvg.com/bzyv/qyxl.html