Monday, March 06, 2006

Shout Out

This weekend was a tough one. I got sad news from back home and some friends as well as an incident happening that made for a very tough weekend. I have had tears and sadness as well as busyness.

I must say though that last night I was flipping through some channels and came upon T.D. Jakes. I don't know if you have heard of him but he gives amazing word pictures. He was talking about Joshua and he was talking about how God wants us to praise Him even before a wall comes down. How he wants us to shout out His praise and trust Him.

T.D. was getting into it and asked if anyone wanted to shout out praise to God to which the people in T.V. land started shouting and so did I!! It was so great! I know you are thinking I am loosing it but really, how many times do we just let out a real shout to God?

Anyway, the people kept shouting and he let them. It was really neat to watch and listen because it made me think of that seventh day and what the people of Israel must have sounded like. It was powerful.

He was saying how God wanted Joshua to follow and seek His guidance daily. That for the first days God was saying to walk around the wall one time and come home. Then, at the end he said Joshua may have started to walk around one time again when the Lord would have guided Him that "No, you need to listen daily" and shared the the final plan of walking 7 times and shouting.

The walls come down.

Then, I just have to laugh thinking about it, T.D. said "Then, they became High steppers, stepping over the rubble and moving on. High steppers!" Just like we need to do when the walls that have blocked us finally come crumbling down. Step over that rubble and move on.

4 comments:

Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy. ... ECC 7:3

joyphil413 said...

I saw part of the same show!!! I love TD Jakes and hope to go to his church in Dallas soon... I heard him preach at Joyce Meyer Ladies conference about a year ago and he did an awesome job of letting us know how valuable we are and how GOD truly is working in all our lives!!! I love his word pic's, that weekend it was all about cake... SHOUT ON!!! I have a pet peeve, anyone who can shout out loud for those Hogs and not for the Lord needs to examine themselves... Just an obeservation and my thought on it!!!

LiteratureLover said...

That IS a good word picture. Good for thinking and meditating on today.

heartsjoy said...

wh-yea, happy cry is more fun

tofg-loved that verse you gave!

joyphil- that is cool that you saw the same show! I would love to go to his church and see him in person!

ll-I thought it was too, glad you enjoyed it as I did.