Monday, February 13, 2006

Wreckless Abandon

I have learned in my weeks and months here in the valley that humiliation is not as bad as one might think. I mean, what is the point of always having it together...no one could relate. Humiliation on the other hand...everyone can relate.

I know you are probably worried that I embarrassed myself again with the worship but thankfully this week went rather smooth. I did have a little girl around age of 11 sing a special. She has a Beautiful angelic voice. She did a great job except for the end where in both services she lost her place. In the first service she found it again but in the second she just stopped. I just got up and she went to sit down and covered her head and cried. I was quick to talk to her afterwards to let her know that mess ups have happened to me many times using last week as a prime example. It seemed to cheer her up. But as for me, thankfully it went pretty smooth even without the former guitarist. In fact, our practice actually went more smooth and quick...hmmm. God may have some blessings in disguise.

Anyway, back to wreckless abandon, my hubby had a birthday and we celebrated early on Friday. On Sat. he got to do what he wanted which was kick back and relax. That evening we had a valentines banquet. I noticed the roots of my hair really looking bad and once again (I know you are all groaning) took matters into my own hands. Well, it wasn't so brassy this time...just platinum. I had to laugh. I had also decided I would fix it different...it is getting a little longer. I curled it and it curled up. My son said "Mom, why did you make your hair white, and the way you fixed it looks like those old timey women." Thanks honey. When I walked in to ask my husband if it was really that bad he gave me the shocked look and said, "Is that how you wanted it?" Nice confirmation that it was shocking. Now I don't want to go to the banquet but it is to close to time, I have to face humiliation once again.

At the banquet some of the younger men, (who haven't learned that keeping your mouth shut about a woman's hair is a good thing) asked me what I did or if I had whitened it or something. However, I got a much more positive response from the women...which suprised me. They all seemed to love it. So, I have decided to forget worrying about humiliation. I am embracing it!! Maybe it is because I am getting older and care less about what people think. Well, off I go to brown my skin and look even more like a woman in mid life crisis.

4 comments:

Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

Well, we all have a few hair stories I guess. We wouldn't be women if we didn't. The worst for me was the time when Jolynn gave me "highlights". Spencer said it looked like I had blonde earmuffs. I still cringe at those pictures. I'm sure your's can't be half as bad as mine was that time!!!

I can just see your encouraging and comformting your little singer-friend. What a sweet lady you are. The Lord has put you in your new position for more reasons than one.

heartsjoy said...

Thanks for your sweet words and relating to my stories. :)

janiners said...

i have to say i really love my hair now and have quit messing too much with it on my own. oh sure, in my younger years, i dyed it all kinds of colors and was never quite happy with it, but now, I'm pretty darn happy. i've learned to straighten it AND let it be curly and I feel like I can do so much more with it now. in junior and high school, it was a disaster.

so, you're gonna be a tan, white-haired, hot mamma? kidding. :-) love you, girl!

SuperMom said...

You go, girl!! It's just hair. It grows and next time you can dye it blue! I admire your tenacity ;-) And I'm sure you are beautiful even without hair.