Tuesday, February 21, 2006

What to be when I grow up

We were around the table and my son asked me what I thought he would be when he grew up. I told him I thought he could do many things but it would really be up to him. He asked what things I thought. So, I began listing a long list, science lab man, inventor, teacher, pastor (nose wrinkled, hmm note to self), missionary (eyes lit up and he said, Yea! That would be fun to travel the world!, Mommy whinsed, son noticed...What Mom? Oh, nothing sweetie, I want you to do whatever God leads you to do, it's just that I will miss you. He says "Oh, you'll be fine." that's his fathers blood.) So on and on we went until finally I said "You know, you have such a wonderful voice I could even see you leading worship" "No, I wouldn't want to do that, it takes away from family" me frowning. "Honey, are you saying that because of what Mommy's doing?" He hesistates realizing Mommy could get feelings hurt. "Well, kindof"...."ouch". I'm feeling bad that he feels I'm putting it in place of family time. I pour my story out to hubby who gives me the look. You know the "You've got to be kidding me look" saying, "That's just because he thinks family time is all day access to Mom's attention." Hey! Whewl sure. He needs me! ;) Anyway, at the end of this wonderful in depth look at the future and deep thought of all he might want to aspire to my son spouts "Really I think I still want to be a cashier at wal-mart."

4 comments:

LiteratureLover said...

Laughing. I don't blame him. That price-checker-thingy looks really fun to play with!

heartsjoy said...

I know and they always look cool typing in the numbers.

Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

What is it with little boys wanting to work at Wal-Mart???

SuperMom said...

All that to say and he wants to work at Wal-Mart?! Well, if you're there as much as I am it could prove to good, quality, mother-son time ;-)