Friday, February 17, 2006

Open House

Last night we went to the Christian school (at our church) open house. We wanted to be present to meet families, teachers, see classrooms and let them know we appreciate them. Anyway, as you can imagine everyone begins to think that we were there checking it out for our children. I was asked and even pressured to put our kids into the school. It was so funny because even some Moms (who thought they knew) asked my kids directly if they would like to come to the school. My kids shook their heads no. Good call. :) It was harder than I expected. I guess I thought people would know we were just there to support but guess not. I know that each parent has to make their own decisions on these things and I wish that they would not try to make it for me. However, I also know that when you are passionate about something you do want others to try it! Anyway, as I looked at the classrooms these were some of my thoughts:

They had some Precious decorated reading areas with a little bench but I like being in our living room on our big comfy couch for reading time.

They had cute little desks for the kids to sit in, but I like it when we are circled around the table learning together.

They had great play ground equipment for recess, but I like doing nature studies, playing soccer and reading in our own back yard.

The had a big industrialized kitchen and long tables that looked really clean for lunch, I like talking with my kids while eating lunch and also cooking and cleaning together in the kitchen as well as picnics outside.

They had loving teachers who gave hugs and warm words, I love being the teacher and getting those hugs and cuddles and kisses as well as giving warm words.

They have wonderful kids to play and interact with, I love getting together with other families who share similar values and thoughts and letting the kids play and bond together.

They have wonderful kids and sweet teachers to influence them. I like hubby and I being the main influence on them and helping them learn and search for themselves.

They have good Bible stories, I like our Bible study time and watching my kids draw pictures from it and share what they learned also hearing and answering their many questions.

They have an energetic coach and p.e. classes, we enjoy participating in extra activities like soccer and getting to be with them when they practice and play to cheer them on.


I know there will come a day when my kids will grow up and leave and hopefully they will have grasped how to make decisions and follow after God's leadership. However, today is not that day. My time with them is so brief and I want to enjoy every moment God has given me with these precious treasures.

3 comments:

heartsjoy said...

Thanks Meme for those very encouraging words!! :) I'm just happy that he has a Grandmother who wants to listen to those stories! :)

Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

We went through this same thing when we were in HotSprings. That church had a private school and everyone just assumed that we would enroll our children. But it all settled down eventually. Enjoy your kids!!!

LiteratureLover said...

Sniffle, sniffle.