Thursday, February 09, 2006

Broken Dreams

Last night I was with a friend that is a mother. Without revealing what happened, her daughter made a bad choice. A choice that broke dreams the mother had for her. I was with her when she found out and watched the heart wrenching brokeness and tears. I heard her talk of her love for her daughter and how she felt betrayed. The why's, how, grief. I was broken with her and cried with her, prayed with her, encouraged her, so much pain. She is someone I admire for having such a good relationship with her kids and leading them to the Lord and yet, bad choice that devastated was still made. Hard. It obviously made me think of how I would feel or respond if Iwere in that situation in the future. Then, God allowed me to see Him. His brokeness when we continually choose the wrong choices. Choices that influence our lives and cause consequences that hurt. Hurt not only us but those who love us. It has been very convicting today and sobering. I truly break His heart with decisions like that, choosing the wrong choice. I have a new perspective today. I don't think I will ever forget the heart wrenching feeling from last night.

4 comments:

janiners said...

i have been that mother's daughter. and, i know that feeling of hopelessness on my end and have seen how hurtful and destructive some of my choices have been to those I love. it is a very sobering and heartbreaking moment for anyone to go through. I will be praying for this mom and daughter and believe that God can and will heal and renew all things.

LiteratureLover said...

I hate that your friend and her daughter had to go through that. It's so hard to watch anyone grieve. I will be praying for that family. God CAN restore.

heartsjoy said...

Thank you for the prayers for my friend and her family.
J-thanks for your input on the other side of the coin. I felt for this daughter and encouraged her Mom to be very careful of what she said, since it would last that child for her life. She agreed.
These times are just hard on all. However, it is not the end of the world and God uses us even through our mistakes. Thanks for your prayers!

Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

These are the people who need us the most. Praise God she has a friend like you in her life.