Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Contrast

First of all, I want to start out by thanking those of you who have been praying for me since an earlier blog about my struggle with overeating. I am happy to relate that although results are not as fast as I would like to see them God does daily encourage me and show me results. He also has shown that the main thing is my heart obedience rather than results. This is where I always struggled in the past, giving up when results didn't come as fast as I wanted. However, now I see that it will come in time....His time. My sister has to listen to my moment by moment realizations such as profile not sticking out quite as much, dent in's in various places that before were full (although maybe not apparant to anyone but me), to a finale....my face appearing thinner!! My face has always been round and when I am overall fuller it is REALLY Round!! I looked just the other day to find I had dent in's in my face...what?! rub eyes....it's true. So, this brings you up to date and back to my original story.

Since I notice this difference I run to a family picture we had taken in the fall. I look, I compare, feeling happy. I go to my husband and ask (which he loves), "Honey, do you notice anything different about this picture of me and my present face?" He looks, the kids overhear and come bounding in. Here are the responses "Your hair is curled, Your hair is white AND black, You have on jewelry, you look more tan in the picture, you are wearing earrings in the picture" I give up then my son loudly says "Your face is thinner." I hear the Hallelujah chorus playing in the back of my head but I'm still reserved. I ask "You mean my face is thinner in the picture or right now?" He says "thinner now, is that okay?" Inside my head I'm screaming....Is that okay!!! Whooo hoo! But outwardly I say, "oh yea, that's okay, that's what I had noticed too." He goes on to add one more, "Your neck has more lines in it now than in the picture too." (lovely) Oh well, if having a more thin neck means a more wrinkly neck then Bring it On!!

Please continue to lift me up in this, it is war, the enemy is always giving me lies and I am constantly having to talk with the Lord and seek HIS truth which is setting me free! Please don't get me wrong, I am no where near where I want to be but I do see once again that God is faithful giving me little by little step by step and I feel it would be wrong of me not to sing His praise or give testimony to this. My sister found another site that deals with the same godly principles but it doesn't have the works mentality but grace. It is www.thinwithin.org.

3 comments:

LiteratureLover said...

Way to go, girl! I am so proud of you. You have certainly spurred me on!! Thanks for all the encouragement.

Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

I'll take skinny wrinkles anyday. Stay the course, girl. Dieting has never been my speciality.

SuperMom said...

YOU GO GIRL!!!