Saturday, April 01, 2006

Wave Therapy


Ocean, originally uploaded by Martina.
(don't know the people in the picture but this is what our beach looks like)
Yesterday was our family day and we took off for some much need wave therapy(As my husband likes to call it...truly it is theraputic). We drove over to the beach! It was so fun to pack a lunch and head there. The water was still very cold to me but that didn't stop my kids. Off they went to swim, splash,make sand castles and play spy games on the sand dunes. Meanwhile, hubby and I sat with the waves crashing, wind gently blowing and sea gulls gawking, reading our books. Mine was "A Woman after God's own Heart"(very good and convicting in a good way....probably another blog) and husbands was a Calvin and Hobbs book. We had fun reading and talking, looking at seashells and just relaxing. Ahhhhhhhhh. Refreshing.

3 comments:

Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

I am not jealous if where you live (because of it's proximity to family and friends) but I *am* jealous of that ocean. Man!

LiteratureLover said...

That is beautiful. I'm so glad you guys got a day of refreshment together. That's so sweet. I can almost smell that salty air...

SuperMom said...

Oh, man. I just had a moment of refreshment by living vicariously through you. Sounds wonderful!!Thanks :-)