Saturday, April 29, 2006

Remembering Amber and Aunt Helen

This weekend last year was a sad one for us. My cousin's daughter, Amber, was killed by a drunk driver. She had graduated high school but had her life to look forward to. It has been a year of many tough moments and more to come. Grief doesn't just go after one moment...such a process. I have communicated with her Mom throughout this year and have been amazed at how God has brought her through such tough sorrow. I can't even come close to understanding fully. I am still praying for their family. The main comfort is knowing that she was a follower of Christ and can enjoy her wonderful Lord and Savior.

My Great Aunt Helen passed away last Sunday. She lived a long life. She was gracious and a complete lady. A teacher and had a passion to teach others. We will miss her but appreciate her legacy.

We never know the hour when our time will come to leave this earth. I am so glad there is hope and that hope is Christ Jesus!

3 comments:

thebarefootpoet said...

The tension for a follower of Christ when someone has passed is often much easier to describe than to experience and walk through. The deep pain and loss of missing someone existing side by side with the belief that they now enjoy uncompromised relationship with the One who gave His all for us is a journey that involves large amounts of grace. I'm praying for that grace to pour down on all of you.

joyphil413 said...

I am saddened for your loses and have prayed for your loved ones. I was able to be with your Grandparents a couple of weeks before your Aunt passed and your Grandmother told of her sisters amazing life and how she missed her greatly. Your Grandfather completely agreed. I visited with them last week and they shared again about their fond memories of your Aunt and how they will miss her. I can't beging to understand how your other Aunt and Uncle feel or are coping with their loss of their daughter. I have lost my husband and brother within months of each other and then few months later dear family friend was murdered. 3 tremendous loses within a yr.

Grief is so personal and so different for each one. The cliches' and things people say or offer can grip you. I have learned it is a process and powerful at that. It grips you were you least expect it. I have met so many in the past few years that have lossed others and we each have our very own process to go through. I guess when I think of Christ and the road He walked to the Cross, He was alone. Grief is your personal walk. We walk it as long as it takes. We feel it as long as we must feel. We accept it as much as we can each day. We trust we will get better and believe goodness, mercy and grace will carry us through.

heartsjoy said...

Thanks for your sweet words. Joyphil - Sounds like you have had such tremendous loss. I can't imagine. I pray that the Lord will continue to take you through the journey and be a comfort to you!