Monday, April 03, 2006

Laughable

I have been reading up on servanthood, including wonderful ways to serve hubby and make him feel cherished and treasured. Anyway, I clean up dinner and he has just come in from a meeting. I offer ice cream to the kids and to him. He takes the offer and enjoys. I stop and take time to visit with him. I go back to finish in kitchen and ask him if he would like some tea to drink. He pauses, says he already has water. Then, I think he is talking to the kids, he says "What's wrong?" He asks again and I realize he is talking to me. I say "Nothing." He says "Do you have some bad news you need to tell me." "No" "What is it then?" I start laughing at this point. I go over and sit in his lap and snuggle him and say "No, I just realized that I need to be letting my very best friend know that he is that special. I just love you." He just looks at me then acts like he is trying to see if I have the Mission Impossible mask on. We both get tickled. I know he likes to jest with me but it hits me that I am not doing near enough cherishing...you know,the little things. I get focused on my agendas or family stuff or kids etc. So, if I was wondering about needing that lesson on servanthood, I think God gave me the message LOUD and clear!

4 comments:

Diane Viere said...

Thank you for the reminder! Cherishing our hubby's should never fall by the wayside! Good job!

Diane

LiteratureLover said...

Laughing hard. I know that surprised expression as well. Lesson learned. Thanks for the reminder!

Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

Hey girl-

Explanation of why your bubblehead friend didn't answer you any earlier over on my blog...

I measured the pants for your dear hubby tonight and here's what I came up with. Spencer usually wears a 31" in length in dockers and jeans and such. I don't know how they get that measurement. I measured these from the waist the bottom of the pant and came up with 41". What do you think???

LiteratureLover said...

Cool changes on your blog!!