Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Big Angry Eyes

Today we were eating lunch and hubby hopped home to eat with us. He was stating that he did not think the rice was done enough. I disagreed. The kids chimmed in with him. I turned back to something I was doing while feeling a bit irritated (ie, "Be grateful for what you get already!"). My daughter saw me and exclaimed "Oh no, now Mommy's really mad at us, she has those big eyes that are angry!" I couldn't help it, it was So funny that I burst out laughing hysterically along with son and hubby. It evolved into much snorty laughter. Ohhh, why must they noticed so well when I am having a bad attitude. Well, at least the big angry eyes turned into squinty happy eyes.

My son on the other hand came to me a few minutes ago and said "Mommy, did you know that your my Mommy but also my sister?" (honey, I know we are originally from Arkansas but that doesn't mean...) I said, "Really?" He said, "Yes, you're my sister in Christ!" HOW CUTE!!! Whewl sure I am!!

9 comments:

ValiantDad said...

OH YES! I have SEEN those Big Angry Eyes! I don't want to go back there again! NOoooo way!

(I'm thinking about a happy place, thinking about a happy place...)

Bttrfly1976 said...

lol, I second that Valiiantdad!!

Diane Viere said...

See (speaking of eyes!)....in spite of your (very) minor glitches...you are teaching your children well!~

Diane

Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

"Big, angry eyes" are known as "mean, beady eyes" around here. :)

And all I want is "fine eyes"--like Eliza Bennett...

LiteratureLover said...

LOL I'm sorry but I laughed pretty hard at this one. I have experienced those angry eyes too (probably for good reason) but I defintely prefer the pretty, laughing eyes. Way to be humble and laugh at your own mistake!

joyfuljourney said...

There are times I am fussing at Big Brother and am all up in his face and he begins to LAUGH! At first it irritates me, but then I realize I must look rather foolish!

Funny, I don't remember asking God to humble me today!

Kelly said...

Heart's Joy, thanks for stopping by! Do check out homebirth, it's so neat to learn about. I enjoyed reading some of your posts and look forward to reading some more soon! Have a great rest of your week!

Kelly said...

p.s. I love the song on your blog!!! I listen to it everyday. :)

janiners said...

i have a look that my husband can tell when I'm not happy, but it doesn't really have much of the desired effect - it just makes him laugh and eventually, I am laughing, too! my other family members - daughter and grandson -don't seem much affected by it, either. i guess that should tell me something.......