Wednesday, April 05, 2006

A Case of the Giggles

The other night my son and I were in the middle of a project that we had been working on for a while. Right at the end for no apparent reason my son got a case of the giggles. He could not stop. Not the irritating trying to be funny kind but the real giggles. He would try to get a grip but then would burst again. I began to get tickled just because of him. We would try to re-focus because we both wanted to accomplish what we had begun but there was no getting it done. The giggles invaded.

Do you remember times like this?

It reminded me of times in my past where something hit me funny and I could not contain the giggles. They like to invade at the most inappropriate times (like when someone falls and is sprawled out on the floor) but when they hit there is no stopping them....oh, you can try but you can't hide....in just a minute....here they come again. You can almost feel it a coming from the depths of your belly and there it is....hahahahaha....

No one can tell me that our God doesn't have a sense of humor.

5 comments:

LiteratureLover said...

You made me giggle! :) Fun!

Sarah said...

I love the giggles -- but always have them at inappropriate times, like funerals. At least once a week someone at the dinner table gets, literally, "choked up" from laughing. We're going to laugh ourselves to death someday -- not a bad way to go!

Diane Viere said...

Giggles usually happen to me when I'm suppose to be real-real quiet, when I'm really afraid (or tired)...or simply nervous!

But there just isn't anything sweeter than children spontaneously giggling! Glad you had that moment. Thanks for sharing--it reminded me to GIGGLE more!

Diane

Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

My worst inappropriate giggles story involves Steve Ramsey preaching a MED. (Remember him?) He said something that was completely hilarious, only he didn't meant to say it in the way that he did. Our whole row of college aged students were shaking the pew laughing, but trying to not let the laughter be "heard." Oh man, everyone needs to laugh like that once in a while.

Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

Giggles...yeah; those were the days. I find it hard to do that anymore, but hey, it's getting easier to cry! ;)

BTW--would you ask your man to email me about his progress on "The Project That Shall Not Be Named?"
Thanks,
Spencer, the husband