Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Worship Leading YIKES!

We have been at our new church for a couple of months now. They did not have a Worship/Music Leader when we came and Hubby has been working towards that. We have had a fill in guy who pretty much just sang the songs but he was there each week. His last Sunday is this one and my husband has asked me to lead the worship. YIKES!! I am really scared! I always get to perfectionistic when it comes to worship. I have an idea of what I want to see happen but I am always nervous that I will mess up what the Lord wants. I have realized that I cannot think of what others think and I must be true to what God leads me to do regardless. I really did not want to do it but my husband wanted me to and I felt God was leading me to so here I go. I have been put in this situation before and I have never felt comfortable in it. However, I must admit that with each time I get a little better feel of what He wants from me. I assume that this adventure is more for my growth than anything. God never leaves me in my comfort zone for long....he know I would camp out there. I asked my hubby how he thought the deacons would feel about this decision, well he told them last night and not one bad word. In fact, some even seemed happy. Please pray for me, wisdom, worship, right heart etc... I think my greatest fears are my failings. My lack of confidence, lack of knowledge in leading, lack of always having a right heart, lopsided on being visionary instead of follow throughish etc. I covet your prayers as I go on this venture.

9 comments:

valiantdude said...

I bet you well do good!!on worship leading:_)

LiteratureLover said...

I've seen you lead worship and I know what God can do through you. Just relax, and enjoy it. I will be praying for you.

P.S. Glad it's not me! L

valiantdude said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
heartsjoy said...

LL-I was so moved by the encouragement and then I read the p.s.--laughing.

Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

I really understand what you're going through. I led worship for a very short while when we pastored in Joneboro. I never did find my groove with it-- but I filled the gap for my husband. :)

janiners said...

heartsjoy, I can really relate to all your anxiety and particularly the wanting to have a right heart thing. i just have to think about the many times the Israelites were told they would win battles they were sorely outnumbered in - all because God was on their side and He said the victory was His and theirs! WOW! God is so much greater than our failings or weaknesses!
i know God will shine through you because I am confident that your desire is ultimately to sincerely worship Him.
i love ya, girl, and I'll be praying for you. :-)

heartsjoy said...

Thank you guys for the encouragement!

SuperMom said...

Wow! I understand your feelings. But I have a feeling you will do great. Those people will probably decide to drag their feet on finding a replacement ;-) I'll pray for you. Let us know how it goes.

heartsjoy said...

I will be praying for you!