Sunday, January 29, 2006

Big Girl

You are probably thinking that I am talking about my daughter but no. Do you ever stop and wonder why at a mature age do you still act like a child in some circumstances? Tonight we had a business meeting after church for a vote on something. Normally this vote would not have been a big deal but there were two opposing sides that felt very strongly for their sides. They were very civil about it but just felt sure on their own points. They had both talked to us at different times on their views and we listened. Tonight was make a decision time. I wanted to just NOT vote but realized that it was time to be a big girl and take a stand for what I believed was the right decision. It was really hard. It was a hand vote and when I raised my hand I felt that I slapped one family in the face. The first vote was for postponing and that is what I felt we should do for further evaluation. It was overruled and the second vote was for what they wanted which I did vote for. However, it was tough. I probably didn't please either side but I was more true to me and my own integrity. Isn't it pathetic that I let this bother me so? Please tell me I am not the only woman in mid life that still needs to grow up!

3 comments:

LiteratureLover said...

You're not the only woman in mid-life that still needs to grow up. ;) Does that help? I would have felt a lot of pressure too. I hate that I don't just feel sure of myself and wish I never worried about what people think.

SuperMom said...

I don't wanna grow up! I'm a Toys R Us kid! Sorry. I always think of that song when I hear the words "grow up". Do we have to? I hate being in that spot. Hopefully both families will be understanding and know you couldn't possibly go both ways.

Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

Sorry-- the New Jedi is my son Truett. :)