Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Drop Ins/My Daughter/House

BlogThis!
blogspotInit();
My Heart's Joy
Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Drop In's/My Daughter/House
Have you, like I, ever wondered why people feel it is okay to just drop by? If I didn't have children home all day and If we didn't really live in our house I guess this would be okay. I wish I was so hospitable that I didn't care and I believe God is growing me in this area but as for now I still care. Anyway, we had some dear people drop in on us last night. We had just finished dinner and were still at the table when the doorbell rang. Hubby had come home early from work feeling sick and had slept until supper. So, he was in shorts, white t-shirt and dress socks. I was make-up-less and rushed to the back to get a little color. They were bringing a delicious cake by for little man. It was really thoughtful. The day before, the man who they went hunting with had brought a gift basket by for him. Another couple had dropped by right after church on Sunday to check on him. (by the way, He is improving daily and doing very good) My request is how about a phone call before coming? Give us just 5minutes to pick up our stuff, or put decent clothes on or a sliver of makeup. In defense of the couple last night, they had tried to call but said our phone was making a funny noise, they also had a time limit and tried to keep it.

Anyway, as they came in I picked up the blankets on the couch (where I had earlier cuddled kids) and gave them a seat. As I sat there I noticed the dogs toys thrown about the floor (he is sometimes worse than the kids) as well as school books on the table and other books that had been looked at. I really wanted to quickly pick them up but I didn't want to make the couple feel funny. My little girl, on her own initiative began picking up the very things that were weighing on me. It was as if she was reading my mind!! I was able to relax and visit as I watched my living room transform into the way I would want it to look. It was SUCH a special Treat to realize My daughter was seeing some things the way I saw them!! Ohhhh how precious and wonderful!!! Needless to say, she is getting some huge praise from me!! :)

I must add that the visit was very delightful and I was happy we got to chat like we did. So, all in all, maybe I just need to be okay with people seeing me unprepared.

On another subject, our last house still hasn't sold yet. I realized in my time with the Lord that I really hadn't been asking for it to sell lately . I think at first I didn't really want to let go of it. However, now I am at the point that I know we need to let go and move forward. I got serious and had some precious prayer on this subject. Today we got several e-mails saying there were showings today and hoping there would be some response. I was so blessed by God giving me some responses so soon. Would you please pray with us about this? God is So faithful to us financially and we trust His time but we would really like this house to sell as soon as He sees fit!

3 comments:

SuperMom said...

I know EXACTLY what you mean! I wouldn't dream of dropping in on anyone unannounced. But some people do, and yes, it makes me uncomfortable. But God is also growing me in that area and I have become more relaxed about it. The more I am in other people's homes, the more I realize that most people really live in their houses. They don't look anywhere close to perfect on a regular basis. And really, it probably makes people feel relieved to see my mess. And if it somehow makes them feel superior, then so be it. My prayer is that I care more about making people feel loved and welcomed than making them feel like they stepped into HGTV. How very sweet of your girlie!!! That is incredibly thoughtful and considerate.

I will join you in praying about the house. BTW - How did worship leading go?

Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

Boy I can relate to this. It's been happening our entire married life, and like you said, many times it's people wanting to do sweet things for you. So how can you resent it, right? But it can still be so frustrating. It seems like this happened the most to us back when we were newlyweds and we lived right next door to the church. VERY FRUSTRATING- if you know what I mean. ;) But it still happens pretty frequently. I figure everyone knows we've got 5 kids running around this joint so they should all understand our house isn't Better Homes and Garden material. :)

LiteratureLover said...

You know, I don't have many unexpected visitors. Maybe it's because all my friends know I would freak. L I don't know how you do it! But I think it's great that you (and some comments here) are letting God show you how to let go and have people in regardless. Little Sister was so sweet to help you! I will be praying for the house thing!