Friday, January 13, 2006

Moments

Last night I got the wonderful priveledge of snuggling my little girl a lot of the night. She was very tired and just wanted that snuggling time. I must say I enjoyed every moment. Those cheeks that are still a little full and soft...ohh.

After I tucked her in bed I went to tuck my boy in bed. We did our prayers and song and then he wanted to tell me a couple of things. Usually we have a small exchange and then I head out. This time I realized he wanted me to plant myself for a while and I did. What jewels I got by doing that. He got to talking about his deer camp trip (which was this last November and every year in Nov). I have heard many stories from the trip but these happened to be new ones of when he went with his Uncle Stephen exploring on the four wheeler. He talked of how still he had to be if he saw a doe because his Dad had told him that at any movement they bolt. He also talked of stories he and his Dad had told each other while out there. He also mentioned moments of eating deer meat and getting to be with Papaw M. He also talked of his Truth and Training class and how much fun it was and how much he likes his teacher, as well as how he feels very liked there.

When I think of my little baby boy not a baby anymore it jolts me. When I look at his still young face but it looking more chiseled and shoulders broader and body longer it reminds me that these moments are the best in the world. Tears flow even as I write (partly because I am just so sentimental!) but I love these times and I reallydon't want them to end but on the other hand I look forward to the future when our relationship turns into more friendship. Today another Dad and his son came to get my Hubby and son to go on a one night hunting trip. They were excited. Noah and his friend who are same age were so excited to see each other and were showing their bb guns to each other as well as other items. I feel so proud of the precious gifts God has given me.

I play baby with my little girl then tucked her into bed for a nap. She snuggled up with her baby Annabel that she got for Christmas. We are suppose to get together with the wife and daughter tonight if they want to risk being around us at the end of this sickness. However, my daughter and I have girl's night plans if they are unable to. Watching her precious little face at the top of the covers and her smile and "I love you" just melt my heart.

I have heard from several younger people lately who didn't know if they would ever want children. I really cannot imagine my life without them. I guess my encouragement would be to let God help you make those decisions because to me there has never been and probably will never be anything as beautiful as these children and these Moments.

2 comments:

LiteratureLover said...

Ohhh. This is so sweet! They do grow so fast.. Ahhhh. Well, gotta go. I'm feeling the urge to snuggle my kids.

SuperMom said...

I'm with you. My kids make me crazy sometimes, but I would never want a life without them. Those beautiful moments make it all worth it.