Sunday, January 22, 2006

This Morning's Worship

Hey! I just wanted to thank you for praying for my worship leading. Today was the first Sunday I did it at this church and God was good. He gave me the songs and He gave me a calm spirit and it seemed to go really well. My hope was for true worship and it at least took place in my heart and hopefully in others. The people even seemed to respond very well to a new song I taught and it was very encouraging hearing their voices go up in praise! So please keep me in your prayers and thank you for your prayers and encouragement!

God has also been working on me through song writing. I so enjoy getting to do this at some points. I don't know what will happen with the songs but it is Such a pleasure to be a vessel that gets to enjoy the process!! Please let me know what you love to do, how God has gifted you and is using you. I would like to give Him praise for letting all of us participate in His great plan!

4 comments:

LiteratureLover said...

I'm so glad!! I know that is a relief to have the "first" time over with. God is good to let it go so smoothly. As far as your songwriting, I keep humming that last song in my head. In fact, Little Miss asked me what song I was singing today and I told her it was the one you wrote. In answer to your question, I love to read, read, read!! I also like to doodle-draw and write.

heartsjoy said...

Thank you all for the prayers and encouragement!
Poppa-I am So excited about your book and I would love to read your rough draft. As far as the camera man...that would be scary! I'm glad he was okay.
LL-I've been singing it alot as well (as you know since you've been forced to listen). I thought that was so neat that Little miss even asked what it was! How fun! I'm looking forward to hearing more of your stories as well! You and Mom and the doodling. Maybe since you got me hooked on cursive writing, I need to try doodling. :)

Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

So glad it went well!!! You sisters are so talented- wish I could decorate cakes and write songs!!!

heartsjoy said...

TOFTG- You are so talented with your organization skills that I wish I had and your cooking abilities! Any meal I have had with you cooking has been delicious!