Sunday, January 29, 2006

Ah Ha!/Celebrity

Well, I think I know why God has pushed me out of my comfort zone and into worship leading. I have now been assigned the early service (contemp.) as well as the 2nd service. I decided it would be unified between the two with worship choruses and hymns. I am now working with the praise team and felt Completely overwhelmed with that leadership. I am praying constantly seeking what God wants me to do, I am immersing myself in Bible reading, praise music, books, cd's, hymns etc..and it has been wonderful for me to see all the beautiful messages in song. Also, people from the praise team have different gifts and talents and as we are conversing and practicing they are teaching me wonderful things. I don't know what this has to do with my future but I am still excited to learn more. Peter has let me hear cd of the guy we are primarily looking at for worship and he is young but his heart and sound are so worshipful. Please pray with us about this process.

It is so funny but since I have been at the forefront kids are coming up to me and talking to me and singing for me. It's like I am a talent search or something. It is So cute. A mother was telling me I was like a celebrity to her daughter. I got tickled but also felt very honored that I have more opportunity to influence. Another mother said her daughter needed a music mentor...hint hint... Again feeling honored but wanting to say "I'll be on the lookout for one" grin. Anyway, it reminded me of years past when I would lead music for the vacation Bible school, which I LOVED! and kids would act that way then as well. They are so precious and say the most precious things and when they sing it is just so beautiful.

There was a little girl that was singing for me this morning and she has a low and very high range. What started out as letting me hear one song quickly turned into 4-5. Her little brother would chime in and sing at times. It was really quite amazing because he was singing soprano like she sang. At first I thought he was just trying to irritate her but finally realized that he was really just wanting to sing for me too. My kids have never heard a boy soprano so I almost started laughing as I caught a glimpse of their faces. My daughter was looking shocked while my son had the trying not to giggle look. Anyway, they both have a good range and great potential.

So, I guess if I ever wanted to feel celebrity than this is the way to do it, in my home church, with the greatest little treasures...children, while getting to stay at home with my family! Ahh, what a pleasure and honor. Now, I just need to remember this when I am feeling stressed as I'm trying to pick through all the music, lead sheets, chord charts, and praise team dynamics. Thanks for your prayer support!

3 comments:

LiteratureLover said...

Ohhhh, how sweet. They admire you being up there. That little girl and boy who sang 4-5 songs cracked me up. Maybe they've all been watching American Idol lately and they wanted to do an audition. Thank goodness you're not Simon!!

SuperMom said...

Can I have your autograph? Maybe American Idol is in your future ;-)

heartsjoy said...

Awww, how sweet!! I am glad I make you feel good poppa! Your fun loving personality make me feel good too!