Saturday, December 10, 2005

Winter and Narnia

I can't believe we have had cold weather for about 3 days! It has been fun! We have actually pulled out our coats. Yesterday we got to go on a family outing to see Narnia!! We had bought early tickets to go to the first showing of the day. We got there about an hour early with great expectation to see many others in line. However, the only cars there were the workers. We got tickled at our miscalculation but we didn't care, we were determined to have good seats! We grabbed a bite to eat and came back and more people were coming. We went in and printed out our tickets and walked right in to the theatre. It was SO GOOD!!! We Loved it! Some of the evil creatures were a little scary but overall the makers were very gentle with the tough stuff. The kids on it are adorable! Lucy reminds me of one of my precious nieces...too cute!

The kids had been so excited and it was a countdown. They were singing the Annie song "Tomorrow" on Thurs. and got up with Great enthusiasm yesterday! It was wonderful to have a relaxing family day together. We came home and kids played while adults cleaned up and fixed dinner. We had relaxing evening together just doing small stuff and then we went to the store.

I have had a real hankering for some korean egg rolls. We had some friends in Bella Vista who would make a big batch and give us some. I don't have them near us anymore so I am going to try to make it myself. They are different from chinese egg rolls. They are soft and the dipping sauce is to die for! I am hoping it will turn out good. Hubby said to have low expectations so I won't be disappointed. He is probably right. The lady who made them Was Korean so I'm sure she had the art down.

We have a low key day but tonight we have 3 Christmas parties to go to. I'm looking forward to meeting and visiting with the new friends. Well, I need to run get my egg rolls started. :) Have a great day!

2 comments:

LiteratureLover said...

I am so glad that you already got to see the Chronicles as a family! I cannot WAIT until tonight!!!! (You need to send some of those egg rolls my way.)

SuperMom said...

Okay, all your blogs sound so wonderful. I see great contrast between yours and mine. Yours - sweet. Mine - sarcastic. Yours - loving, happy mom. Mine - grouchy, insane mom. Yours - fun family times. Mine - Yes, I know it's only 6:30, but it's time to go to bed any way, kids!

How did you get to be such agood mommy and do you give lessons?