Monday, December 19, 2005

But I'm Hungry!

We had a Christmas weekend. We hosted a staff Christmas party at our home on Sat. night and it turned out really fun. Peter and kids re-arranged our furniture to all be in the family room and I really think I like it better. At least while we have more people so we can all visit and be comfy. The living room looks quite bare but we are rarely in there anyway.

Sunday we had the last of four candles of advent. Very nice, and the choir sang some special music so that was fun to be involved in. We invited company over and we had so much fun that they stayed until it was time to head back to church. I really had thought we might get a cat nap but it was okay because we enjoyed visiting with them. Last night was a candlelight Lord's supper as well as Christmas sing. I had been volunteered to be one of the ones to sing so I ran over my song quickly and headed to church. What I anticipated the sing to look like and what it actually was were two very different things. I thought it would be Really low key and casual. Nope. It was dressy and Lots of people were there. I felt SO nervous. Anyway, since we had had a long afternoon my daughter sitting beside me quickly fell asleep. We enjoyed the music and the Lord calmed my nerves and helped me enjoy singing. Then we had the Lord's supper. Faith was still sleeping mind you. I tried to rouse her before the candle part but she just told me she didn't want to do it and fell back over.

After service the men were putting the stuff up from the Lord supper table and I was talking. Faith came up to me and said with some teary looks "Mom, I'm Really hungry and they are putting all the stuff up!!" After all, she had heard that it was the Lord's SUPPER. Ha! I tried not to laugh right there but inside I was rolling. I tried to explain that there really wasn't real food but just a remembrance. She still was frustrated so finally I just said, "Honey, there wasn't real food we'll eat in a minute." She seemed content with that and ran off to play.

2 comments:

LiteratureLover said...

Poor little thing! Well, SHE wanted some supper. That is so cute. I hope she got something good to eat for being patient. ;-)

SuperMom said...

Kids are so LITERAL! That's too funny :-)