Saturday, December 17, 2005

Family Day Blessings

My idea of yesterday was to wake up and just stay at home and get a lot of stuff done. My husbands idea was to head to Mexico for some shopping. Well, shopping sounded much more fun so off we went. It was a cool somewhat rainy day, VERY different from when we went in the HOT summer when you want to dodge into any cool feeling store. It was nice to be able to take some time. However, if you take much time at any table the people are immediately trying to put something in your hand and sell it to you. I have to keep my hands in pockets unless it is really something I want. Hubby wants to just give overall glances and keep walking. We found a few really good items then headed back for home...only 45 mins away. Ha!

Then we came home and the kids watched a wonderful video that they got in Mexico (in English) and hubby made a call to a prospective worship guy while I worked on the endless christmas cards. I don't usually do Christmas cards. For years I thought I would do Christmas letters but they never seemed to get done. A couple of years ago I was frustrated with the Christmas card thing because although I loved hearing from people it made me feel bad that I didn't do it. This year I relented and decided to jump on the band wagon with millions of other Americans and buy Christmas cards and actually send them! However, I am finding that the more I do the more people I remember....YIKES! Will the list ever end. However, it really is fun to think of all the different people in your life and realize how many wonderful people God has placed around us throughout the years. I have also discovered cute ways to decorate with the Christmas cards I receive so they are not just heading to trash cans. Well, enough of that.

We went to a S.S. class party last night. We got to talk to a new couple who are amazingly similar to us! It was really quite wild to us that a couple would have so much in common with who we are. They have a boy and girl ages 7 and 5 very close to our kids. Their kids are mild tempered as far as we can tell. They are very close in a age to us. In fact, she asked my age and I told her and she was so excited! She said she really thought I was in my early thirties. I assured her I was old...ha! The husband is a counselor who gave Peter some great info. for me. When Peter mentioned that I homeschooled the wife looked shocked and said "Where were you when I needed you?!" I started laughing and we got to talking about homeschooling. She did homeschool but just recently with their move put them in school. However, she is praying about whether to get back to homeschooling next year. The list could go on but I will stop there because I know you get the picture. It is just exciting to have a new friend that could be one of those bosom friends.

I also got a much needed e-mail from one of my closest friends from home that was SO wonderful! I miss her! But I am glad that I can still connect so quickly from e-mail!

Old friends and new friends...what blessings God gives!

Well, I need to run...house to clean, food to cook, party to have, plumbing to be fixed, cccards to finish writing, addressing, mailing, table decorating to be done, gag gifts to be bought etc. etc.

1 comment:

LiteratureLover said...

Ohhhhh. I'm so glad you found someone that could be a very close friend. I know how important that is when you move somewhere new! It sounds like you are keeping busy with parties and shopping. Fun!