Thursday, December 15, 2005

Warm Days/Mall/JOY!

Well, Dad sent me some pictures of huge snow drifts. I am sipping coffee looking at a beautiful sunny day around high 50 low 60. Yesterday it got up to 75 degrees. It is actually kindof fun to get to enjoy this time of year without always gearing up with coat gear. We get cool days where I do get to wear sweatshirt or coat and then it warms up again. It is quite beautiful.

Have you ever taken kids to see Santa and they change what they have been asking for for months? We hit the mall the other day because I wanted to check out a bookstore. Anyway, we got there and there was Santa with NO kids around. The lady even tried to entice the kids and I let them go to him. It was so funny because after they were up there I asked what they had said they wanted. Noah said Narnia playstation game...up until this point it was narnia GBA and Lego Starwars Playstation 2 game. Hmmm. Faith came out of the blue and said she wanted a rocking horse. I looked at her and said "Really? that's what you really want? I had thought you were wanting baby Annabel?" She realized her mistake and said "Oh no, that is what I want Mommy!" I said "It is? are you sure or did you really want the horse?" She said "No, I really wanted the baby Annabel!" and the lady said "Quick, run up and tell Santa to change it." She did. Good thinking lady. ;) Noah has questions about the reality of this person and I simply avoid real answers and put questions back to him. It has never really been a huge focal point for us but they do enjoy some aspects of expecting santa. Noah has always seemed to have a realistic view of this such as "Is he real Mom?" I say "What do you think?" he starts to analyze and then we get back to the real meaning of Christmas.

We have been listening to Selah's Christmas album...SOOOO good!! Anyway, there is a song on there called "JOY!" It is upbeat and is talking about how long the people were looking for Jesus and finally he had come and what joy. It just brings the excitement of the birth of Christ to light. Such hope fulfilled!
Chorus: Joy! and the angels sing
There was Joy! and the whole world noticed (not positive on this phrase but what I think)
Joy! Our King has finally come
Joy! He is the promised one

What excitement! As my kids and I have been singing and dancing to this song (frightening I know) it stirred conversation of how they must have felt back then and how blessed we are that He has come!

2 comments:

janiners said...

i love the songs that talk about joy, how long the world had waited for a Savior, and how He has finally come. i know about that despair without a Savior and the joy that comes from having Him come into my life and remembering the beginning of His life, when love came to earth in the flesh.
:-)

LiteratureLover said...

I had to laugh at the kids changing their minds about what they wanted. Talk about a nightmare! I'm glad it worked out though. I LOVE that song on the Selah cd too! In fact my kids and hubby were begging me to listen to ANYTHING but that because I'd had it on repeat for about a day. ;-)