Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Jingle Bells Overflow

Today we are continuing the theme of Christmas and as we were coming home from a store my daughter was singing away at Jingle Bells. I got so tickled at one phrase that she was singing as she remembered it. "Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells Jingle all the way, Oh what fun it is to ride in a one or oh pin sleigh hey" It is so much more cute to hear it sung than it is with typing it but I was trying to stifle my giggles. So cute. I have tried before to tell her the correct saying but it is to fast for her at this time so she quickly reverts to her saying.

My son today was taking funny pictures with the digital camera. He took a shot of his mouth wide open and laughing and then of it closed and as a straight line. He came to me to look and narrated. When it was wide he began singing loudly, then told me to shush him so I did, he stopped and had it at the closed mouth. Okay, maybe it doesn't sound so funny here but again it was really funny at the time. He added a picture of a whistle mouth and added that in narrative. He just made a funny story out of about 6 pics. He also LOVES making movies. He is really good at directing and acting. I really do enjoy more of his movies now because he is getting better at knowing how to entertain as well as keep them shorter so it is not marathan movies. I am amazed so much of the time of his deep questions as well as creative mind.

As a Mom, have you ever done something really stupid. Well, I decided to fill my bathtub with water and put clorox bleach to really whiten it up. We are in a rental house and it is clean but just worn. Anyway, I was filling it up and got bored of waiting and the kids were starving so I ran in the kitchen to get them lunch. Well, then we got to talking and yea, you guessed it....overflow. I went back to get something and heard a noise, wondered what it was, realized what it was and ran to the bathroom. Thankfully it had only begun to overflow so it did not do damage. Whew. That's one of those "Thank you God for causing me to come back here just in time!!" Amazing. My stupidity and His Grace! What Love!

1 comment:

LiteratureLover said...

I love your little girl and guy stories. I can see both of them doing each thing. Little singer and he is so creative with the 6 pic story! I'm so glad your overflow didn't get messy. Whew!