Thursday, December 08, 2005

Another First/Hair Dilemas

Well, my little boy wanted a certain costume item really bad and I had already bought the material for it. He had watched his sister and me sewing and decided he wanted to try. He really wanted to make the item I was going to make. I thought about it and told him he probably could. So, off we went. I had some things that needed seem ripping so Princess worked on that while brother and I worked on his item. I was so excited because we actually started and finished it and he LOVES it! What a fun thing to do! I love that they are ages that we can do this stuff together. He also had many questions about finances, gambling etc and we the three of us had a great discussion together at lunch. At lunch sister wanted to help so we worked together to make grilled cheese...yumm. N-decided he would film us making a sandwich and F- decided we would be cooks in a castle and so the story began. The one area to not film was the sink since we were late running the last load of dishes. They were so funny. The director acted like he was going to eat some cookies while little miss told him not to touch that those were for the king and queen. Since he kept being honory, I, the head cook ran him out the kitchen while being filmed...a chasing insued. Daddy came home not long after and also decided to bake some cookies. So, the story of the chiefs continued. :)

I decided to do something about the big 3 inch highlight grown out look. I thought I had a highlighting kit but it turned out to be one of those that you color and then paint on. It looked like it was a blond all over color but when I put it on it didn't look like that color. It was purplish brown. I have ruined my hair many times in the past due to my adventures so I wasn't panicking yet. I told Hubby I was waiting for the blond color to kick in and he looked at me and said "Honey, it's brown!" Son chimmed in that it looked black to him and little girl just screamed and cried like she was a baby and I was scaring her. I washed it out and it looked a bit scary. Then, I proceed to paint on the highlights. Well, it was a brush that is like a mascara brush only much bigger. I have to say it turned out pretty good. The last time I tried this it was a total and complete disaster. So, other than looking a tad orange on top I am happy with the outcome.

1 comment:

LiteratureLover said...

You guys sound like you're having so much fun! You are doing fun things every day. I couldn't believe you were brave enough to do the highlight thingy. That would have freaked me out being purplish brown! I'm glad it turned out good.")