Saturday, December 03, 2005

Where'd It Go?!

Last night I was working on e-mail and my son came in to tell me the dog was gone. I had a really bad feeling. We've just moved to a new state, city, home etc. The dog got out the front door and he is like lightening when he runs. My reaction was not good. I said "Ohhhh Nooo!" My son promptly said, "Mom, remember, he knows how to get home." Well, that was where we had lived before among rolling hills, forest, quiet neighborhood. Now we are among more streets and close to highway and our dog is black. I was thoughtful and smiled back at him. I began to pray immediately that God would take care of our dog. I didn't want him to get far off and get hit or hurt and us not be there to help him. Mind you, I am not a fanatic animal lover but I have grown accustomed to our dog and I knew My kids would be heartbroken. My sweet husband and daughter had been putting up the outside lights while I and son were inside. Evidently the door did not get shut all the way and the dog got out. It was a bad feeling in me that we might not see this little member of the family again. Later, my daughter crawled up in my lap and said she had something to tell me but she was embarrassed. I encouraged her and she said that it was her fault the dog got out. She had been helping and had left the door open and heard the jingle of his collar. I told her it was okay and that we have all done that before. She said "No Mom, I let him out, it was My fault!" I was hurting for her as well as proud of her for being so quick to take ownership. You just don't see that very much in this day and age. I told her again that it was just an accident and we have all let him out at different times. I tried to comfort her and then her Daddy asked what she had said. She asked me to tell him and I did. He told her it was not at that time that the dog got out that he was the last in and out and he had let him out. I was actually relieved it was him because I knew he could take it better than she would. As the evening wore on the worry was on all of our minds. Finally, my husband said "Look who came home" Our beloved family dog had found his way Home. I never dreamed I would feel so attached to an animal. Isn't it just like us who loose our way or run off thinking we will find something better only to come back to the One who truly cares for us the most, our heavenly Father.

Today my little girl became even more of a bigger girl because she lost her front right tooth and it left a gaping whole that she is So proud of. I find myself happy for her but so sad to see that little baby tooth go. It is so hard to let stages evolve and have to deal with letting go almost daily. I am thankful for the time we had with that precious baby and baby tooth. My son lost a pointer tooth just days before. Again it is hard for me to watch the heighth of my baby boy and the big teeth coming through. I still covet my cuddles with him and her and love every one I am allowed! How precious these times!

1 comment:

LiteratureLover said...

I can't believe she lost a tooth! I agree, it's hard to watch them loose those baby teeth. WHAAAA. These kids are growing up too fast. Give them both a kiss for me. ;-)