Saturday, July 29, 2006

Good Recovery!

Thank you to all who lifted up prayers on my behalf! My surgery went perfectly. I was able to have laproscoptic and go home three hours later. The doctor said I had a non-functioning gall bladder. It had a big stone blocking the canal and it did not have the normal fluids in it. It had a milky white substance around it and they are sending it to the lab.

My sister and hubby took me to the hospital and prayed with me before going in. My sis went to get the kids and take care of them after I was in surgery. My parents came but they had gotten me in so quickly that I didn't get to see them until after surgery but they were a welcome site. I rested there for a while and then felt good enough to head home.

My sister babied me completely and I had no cares in the world while healing. I don't know what I would have done during the day without her! She and my hubby took care of everything. I had wonderful friends who brought meals for the week so that was a welcome relief as well. My first day after surgery I felt really good and got up and around but over did it a little. The second day was a setback and I was in bed most of the day. However, since that day I have felt better and better with each day that comes. I am so excited because I am already starting to feel energy come back and that is a welcome feeling! I am so thankful to the Lord for His kindness and mercy! Thank you for your loving words and prayerful support!

11 comments:

thebarefootpoet said...

Woo hoo! Thanks be to God, and may you feel better in the coming weeks!

Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

Oh, girl, I have been wondering about you and meaning to call. Thank-you so much for the update!!

Ruth said...

So glad to hear everything went well! Bless your heart....praying that everything will turn out okay from the portion being tested in the lab! So glad to hear you are recovering well....
Ruth

joyfuljourney said...

Yeah! So glad to read an update. I tried leaving a comment yesterday, but blogger was acting up! Imagine that!

Hey, email me your new number! I want to hear your voice.

Dana~Are We There Yet? said...

So glad that your recovery is going well.

Praying blessings on you, your family and the friends who are ministering to you all.

Thank you for the encouraging comment you left on my blog. It means a lot.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update, Cynthia! I'm glad the surgery went so well. :)

Paulette said...

Oh yes I be praying!! The Lord is good. May you have a quick recovery and many spoiled days.
Blessings

janiners said...

so glad you're doing better and that the surgery went well! keep taking it easy and we will continue praying for you and a full recovery!

Wendy said...

Glad to hear you are recovering well. That is wonderful that you have so many people to help you. What a blessing.

Bttrfly1976 said...

I'm glad you're better and glad you are back to the land of blogging, it missed you!

sirrom said...

Didn't know you were having surgery. Could have said a little prayer on your behalf. Hope you saved the stone for a necklace. I have some pics of you and the kids from the last Cabot outing. If I could only figure out how to post them.