Thursday, August 03, 2006

Ready, Set, Don't go

Sometimes I think I can be such home body. I used to love to go almost daily but finally began to really enjoy home and a more peaceful lifestyle. I still like to go but I find that me and a good budget means me staying home more . I am weak when it comes to my children asking for things. I don't even feel that they are really bad about this but I know what they like and what they would want and I want to give it to them. However, I have seen grown children who had that life and gratefulness was not their forte. So, sometimes it is just better to stay home away from spending temptation.

Yesterday I had great plans. We got all ready and I was planning in my head to take them to the library and for some ice cream and play at their favorite play place. Just as I was about to declare my thoughts they came in and just asked if we could all cuddle. I love it. They are not toddlers so it is nice that it still gets asked for. Usually this entails me snuggling kissing and stroking their arms or cheeks while they begin to chat with me. :) (just for the record so I don't sound like perfect listening mommy, there are also times they ask to cuddle where I am in the middle of something and say no or not right now, but it is never with guilt, why do we mom's carry such guilt all the time? now that would have been a good blog)

So, anyway, they ended up getting good reading material and us sitting together on the couch reading and learning. I figured I liked our library better and they were completely content. (never having heard my other plans.) I haven't been going much since surgery except to some family deals. I may make today the outing....or not. LOL

Another weird thing with me is calling people back. By this, I mean people I love and really Do want to talk to! I get so perfectionistic about it. I want it to be the best time when I don't need to be giving attention somewhere else and where I can have uninterupted time with them. Isn't that silly? In the meantime, I hurt peoples feelings or they think I have phone issues. Do I? Does anyone else feel like this?

I guess I get the love of home from my grandmother who said "Honey, sometimes I get sad just pulling out of the driveway." We both laughed but in a way I see what she means. I enjoy having people over to our home and entertaining but some how when you are at home you can visit so much better than a noisy food place. (always had issues with spelling rest...you know, food places L) BTW, I have realized quite a few spelling errors in my last posts and none of you even corrected me...you really are great friends! ;) Okay, can you tell I still didn't have much to blog about?

6 comments:

Bttrfly1976 said...

lol....I wouldn't say it was a phone issue since once you are on, you talk with the best of them. ;) I know what you mean, in a way though, there are certain people I don't call until I know I can sit and talk and not be getting a million other calls, or need to go quickly. Of course, other times, if I really want to talk, I call anyway and just ignore all of the beeps from other people calling!
On the other hand, there could be a spelling issue. Say it with me R-E-S-T-A-U-R-A-N-T! You know you love me. :)

Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

I know exactly what you're talking about. I love to just stay at home. (I love to go too--but staying at home is so nice!!)

Hope you're doing well with your surgery recovery!!! We prayed for you.

heartsjoy said...

bttrfly - thank you for the spelling help....yes, I still love you!

Michelle - Thank you so much for your prayers and love! I am recovering very well! PTL

LiteratureLover said...

Ohhh, cuddle time. What a great "In-ing"! This is a good reminder to stay in (not that need much help - L).

Dana~Are We There Yet? said...

We've been in more lately, and I like it. The house stays neater and I get more done. PLUS, then I can check in on Blogworld two or three times!

Snuggle time is the best!

joyfuljourney said...

I know just what you mean! I love being home. Since it takes more than an hour to get to a real city around these parts, an outing takes all day. When we leave the city, I am SO ready to pull in my driveway!

Also, I feel the same way about phone calls. I seldom call my friends because it never seems like the right time - for them or me! I've felt convicted about it. It takes effort to nurture friendships!

Glad you're feeling better. Call me!