Saturday, July 22, 2006

Having Surgery

I went to the doctor last week to have some things I have been neglecting checked. I found out that I have hypothyroid so I will be taking meds that I am hoping will help me feel better and loose some weight. :) I also have had gall attacks over the years and wanted to get it checked. They had me come in on Thurs for a radioactive test.

I went in for the test but the first time through the gall didn't show up...they gave me morphine to send it back up again. It still didn't show. The doctor said it was an abnormal scan. He said "Usually what that means is you will be going to surgery today." My eyes were like saucers worried. He then went on saying, "However, since you are not in pain right now we can wait until you see the surgeon" So, they scheduled my surgery for Monday. I go in at 10:30 am and the surgery is at 12:00. It is suppose to be the laparoscopic (sp?) kind which would have faster recovery and I should go home the same day. There is only a 5% chance of having to have the cut you open kind....hoping I am not the 5%.

My parents and hubby are taking the day off and my sister is coming over. Sis has graciously decided to come stay with me to help me and the kids! I would really appreciate your prayers. I know this is a pretty routine surgery but it is not routine for me! :0 I am not real good with these things but I know I am at a bigger risk if I don't have it done. The doc. also said if I have any pain or fever I have to go to ER to have it done immediately. YIKES! So, that is what is going on here. Thankfully our insurance went through really quick. Again, I would appreciate your prayers!!

The one thing I am looking forward to is having energy again. I have heard from people with hypothyroid as well as gall bladder romoval and both have said about both things that after they got on meds or had it taken out they felt so much better!! I am really looking forward to having energy again! Tired of being tired. L

10 comments:

gracie said...

wow.. just to let you know that prayers will be happening for you!

LiteratureLover said...

Looking forward to seeing you! Sorry you have to have surgery but I'm glad you're getting it over with.

SuperMom said...

Here's praying everything goes smoothly. Keep us posted!

joyphil413 said...

Just a lil reassurance, it will be quick, easy and over before you know it!!! A severe gallbladder attack is worse than the surgery ever is!!! Words from me and all the other been there and done that folks... You will feel much better not even knowing that you had a diseased gall bladder, everyone says that, too!!! The last bit of advice is take advantage of the care you will recieve from everyone... It doesn't happen often since we are all SUPERMOMS who think we have SUPER HUMAN POWERS even when it comes to our healing... Just rest and be blessed during this time... That is the best advice anyone gave me, it is hard to do but truly is healing to the body, mind and soul... Will continue to pray for you and yours, joyphil413 :)

joyfuljourney said...

Bless your heart! You sound quite anxious to get it over with! Didn't you have gallbladder problems during pregnancy?

My thyroid quit after D was born. I've been on meds ever since. They say it helps with controlling weight - makes sense since the thyroid controls metabolism. You should feel less sluggish too. But you have to give it time. Don't expect to be full of energy in a week. I'm not one to have advice about the energy thing though since my hypothyroidism was diagnosed when I became a mom. I would be tired anyway, right?

Keep us posted! Hope you enjoy your time with parents and sis!

Dana~Are We There Yet? said...

Be blessed, Sister. Praising God for all of the love and support He's provided for you.

Bttrfly1976 said...

Thinking of you now. Hoping all is going well.

janiners said...

praying for you, girl! hope the surgery goes well and takes care of everything. here's hoping you'll feel better after it all! love ya, janiners

soulreavers said...

be praying for you. Hey, if you can, get the video of your gall-bladder removal. It makes some amazing footage to show to visitors. My mom had hers out several years ago (laproscopically) and we played the crap out of the video. Pretty cool, plus it makes an interesting biology lesson. Hope you start feeling better soon.

MamaBear said...

Will be praying for an uneventful surgery, a speedy recovery and quick return of all your energy! Be at peace and enjoy your weekend.