Thursday, June 15, 2006

Faithbooking!

I have had some people ask me about faithbooking so I decided to write a post about it.
I went to a party one time for scrapbooking but it was called Faithbooking. I will try to describe it and then give an example. She chose pictures of times in her life where God did something with her Faith...to grow it...kindof like a picture book of her faith journey. The pictures may not even have always had her in them but it was something or someone who led her further. The story was so beautiful and brought us to tears. It is not as decorated as a scrapbook (however you could do that if you wanted to) and has more journaling beside pictures. One thing I loved is how she spoke about history was past down with writing and pictures. What an awesome thing to leave to our kids....our faith journey...or their own faith journey to look back on. It is just such a wonderful idea.

I am going to try to link a picture so you can see the pic and see my journal as an example. http://www.flickr.com/photos/10996764@N00/120578496/

The kids had been avidly praying for a dog. Dad had even kindof wanted one. Mom said NO. One day we were at soccer games until late in the afternoon. When we got home there had been a message left early that morning that a dog was chained to a handicap parking pole in our church parking lot. They wondered if my hubby could do something about it. He was a minister on staff. He told me he thought it had probably already been taken care of but he wanted to go see about the dog since it had been a really hot day. He took off. Shortly, he came home and opened up the back of the car. Out came the cutest dog (a lab beagle mix). My kids were estatic. They asked if we could keep it but Dad said we needed to see if we could find it's owner. The dog had been well cared for and was well trained. He slept on a bed we made him that night and didn't get up once. He was quiet, loved to snuggle and play with kids, didn't bark much, obeyed most all orders. After days of not finding the owner, the kids were saying "God gave us a dog!!" I had to admit that if I Had to have a dog this one met my standards of already being well trained and not loud and irritating. God met the whole family's desires and answered my kids prayers!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I've been to a faithbooking class, as well. It's a great idea -- but not getting done at my house! :-( If I ever get any pics in a book or anything it will be a faithbook!

LiteratureLover said...

This sounds like such a great idea. I love your writing about your dog and the cute picture. I think I need to get into this. It would be less stress for me if I didn't have to decorate so much. :)

SuperMom said...

What a GREAT story!! And what a sweet face. How could you say no?

Amazing.