Thursday, June 08, 2006

Back!!

We are finally hooked up again and I'm so excited. It is amazing how you miss some of the connections while being off. However, we have been so busy with unpacking, job searching, family visiting that we have had little extra time. Thank you so much for your prayers during this time.

God's provision again! My hubby has found a job! Yeah!! It is not in ministry but rather management. It looks like it will be something he will enjoy and an income we can live on. It will definitely be an adjustment but we are excited about it. We have prayed and wrestled about full time vocational ministry but at this point we believe we are not to be full time. We love ministry and will continue to do it as it is our first calling. However, it will just look different than what we have done in the past. Thank you for continuing to pray for our future.

We are enjoying being back at home and close to family. It has rained for several days and we have LOVED it!! We came from desert so the refreshing rain and cooler weather feels terrific! We also love the rolling hills and greenery!! Nothing like home. :) I firmly believe that your prayers have helped us in this very chaotic and emotional time. I cannot thank you enough for all the loving support. I am anxious to get done unpacking so that I can have more time to read your blogs and catch up on your lives!

5 comments:

Ruth said...

Hey Girl!
So glad you are back!!! It was absolutely WONDERFUL seeing you and kiddos at the wedding. Congratulations on your Hubby's new job. Praise the Lord!!! Sounds like everything is working out...Yah...we're in about the prettiest part of Texas...where you were...hot and dry are the only adjectives I've ever heard of to describe it...of course...you did have the luxury of the ocean...anywho...it's always nice to be around green....
Ruth

janiners said...

oh girl, the news just keeps getting better! Thank You, Lord, for continuing to provide in mighty ways for this family and for the testimony and encouragement of my friend. Thank You for showing Yourself strong on their (and those who have been praying) behalf. You are truly awesome!

Girl, I am so glad you're back and will look forward to hearing more from you. Moving and unpacking right along with you, janiners

SuperMom said...

There's no place like home :-)

So glad you're back and getting settled in. Great news on the job, too!! Looking forward to hearing more from you now ;-)

Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

Praise the Lord!!!!! So glad for the news of a job. Still praying that God will make His path crystal clear.

Try to enjoy your days as a "regular person..." :)

Love, michelle

thebarefootpoet said...

Welcome back! That's great about the job. I continue to struggle with my perceived calling to vocational ministry. Although I lead worship, my actual vocation is outside of ministry. Although I think sometime I may do ministry as a vocation, I still am so grateful for what I learn as I minister in a secular vocation. I pray this will be a good time of change and learning as you return to secular employment.