Thursday, May 18, 2006

Thank you sweet friends!

How can I thank you enough for your sweet kind words and love. It was very comforting to me and I cried as I read your sweet comments and heard sweet words of love and encouragement. I cannot share with you how much sweet friends like you are so important. God even allowed Michelle to call me right when I was breaking down and really wanted to talk to family but couldn't. Her sweet words had me bursting in tears and she was crying with me and encouraging me...Thank you for that Michelle. (this ones for the girls)

God sustained us as we headed home on a 16 hour trip. It was broken up. One of the hard parts was that a very violent stomach virus was spreading among the family who had been around Papaw the last few days. My Mom and Dad and Uncle Ken and cousin and my sister (literaturelover) were such troopers caring for everyone. They worked so hard and I was so wishing I was there to help. It was hard being away. When we finally got there I really couldn't be around them much because of the threat of sickness and our impending move. God so helped sis and me to sing for my Papaw's funeral and our husbands speak. They did an amazing job. Memaw was well enough to attend even though she was very weak. It was such a sweet service and a tribute to this precious man we love.

I am in the middle of finishing packing as well as having some time with a friend at the beach. (bttrfly1976). She has treated us to join her at the condo and it has been so nice to listen to the waves and know the vastness of God while also having such waves of peace and sadness. We are gearing up for more goodbyes this Sunday. Our church is having a going away reception for us. It is so sweet but hard too, goodbyes are never easy.

My husband's part in the speaking was about how every exit is an entrance. It is so true. Thank you again sweet friends for your kindness. Much love and hugs.

10 comments:

joyfuljourney said...

I have been trying to reach you! I'm looking forward to actually talking to you. Hubby and little miss are cute on the machine, but I want to hear your voice! J and I have been thinking a lot about you and praying for you.

Love you!

joyfuljourney said...

Just talked to your sweet hubby - it was great hearing HIS voice! He is so laid back and funny! I was glad to get some questions answered. We love you and can't wait to see what God does!

Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

Been praying for you. I'll leave better comments next week. :)

Bttrfly1976 said...

I am sorry for the storm you are having to endure. I am so glad you were here this week. I am so sad that you aren't here now. We aren't supposed to go there yet, so I will let it go.

I will continue praying for you and your family as you move back home. I am certain that in the midst of your uncertainty, He is holding you firmly in the palm of His hand. Love you!

LiteratureLover said...

Just know that I am praying for you through this next week. You are going to be SO busy! But I can't help but think (to the tune of Annie's song, Tomorrow):

They're coming! They're coming!
I can't wait
Till they get here.
It's only a few daaaaays aaaawaay!

Mom2fur said...

Sounds like you've been through some pretty tough times, but it also sounds like you are surrounded by a lot of love and support. I'm sorry for the loss of your Papaw. I bet he was a wonderful human being. Sending you love, good wishes and blessings...

janiners said...

girl, I have been missing, thinking of, and praying for you and your family! I hope the move back has gone well and believe that God will provide a job for hubby and for all that you and your family have need of. If there's one thing I know for sure -it's about God's incredible provision and I know He won't fail to provide now. Hope to hear how all is going soon and will continue to pray for your family. You are so precious, girl, and just know that you are on my mind and heart. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Hi - I am a friend of Michelle's - in her church, actually - and I was moved to click on your link and read a few of your posts. I especially loved "No Ease" and emailed that one to my best friend and prayer partner who is having some rough times of her own. I've prayed for you and will continue to check up on you. God bless you and guide you through these changes in your life. He is amazing!

a suburban housewife said...

I can painfully relate to your circumstances. I don't know your story, but came here from Michelle's blog. I haven't read her blog in over a month, so I would have to say that God's providence led me to yours! Please hop on over if you get a chance; I would love to encourage and serve you any way I can.

SuperMom said...

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm praying that your husband will find a job somewhere between here and there and not farther away!!