Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Head Spinning!

Have you ever had times when your head is spinning out of control?! My husband and I have a lot of decisions that we are in the midst of making. It is talking and talking and thinking and thinking and praying, praying...you get the point. I want to focus on other things but find myself consumed. I know that He wants me to "cast my cares upon Him" and "be anxious for nothing but in everything by prayer and supplication let my request be made known to Him" and I am trying to do all that but still find it consuming me. I prefer to know everything that is suppose to happen RIGHT NOW!! That is not how it all works out though. I guess it is part of His plan to Grow me. But I don't have to enjoy it do I? Oh yea, rejoice in everything....hmmm. I do find though that when I do go to Him and get His peace I am able to rejoice in who He is but it is just getting to that point. I would really covet your prayers for our family and decisions being looked at and made at this time.

5 comments:

Bttrfly1976 said...

I know this is a huge struggle for you. Bigger than the actual decision, I think, is having the faith to rest in God's sovereignty. Knowing, that if in all your years thus far, He has yet to let you down, than surely this time will be no different. I don't envy you because I am like you in that I so dislike the unknown. Being unsure means being out of control of our own little world(like we ever are)and that can be a very scary place. Luckily, God isn't scared in our scary places. Instead, I think He likes how much more dependent we tend to become in those places. Remember, in the midst of your weakness, when you wish you could run back to the safe places, right there is where God's perfect strength will pick you up and carry you in His peace.

Isaiah has a lot of great promises, like Isaiah 49:13. One I think you could really wrap your mind around is Isaiah 66:13....As a mother comforts her child, so I will comfort you...How much energy would you extend making sure your children were comforted in times of fear or uncertainty. I know you, you would exhaust yourself making sure they felt safe and secure. How much more so will your Father comfort you, His beloved daughter.

Rest in Him, and KNOW that you are exactly where He wants you so long as you continue doing so. God will guide your family and I have no doubt you will go wherever He leads. I love you and am praying that His comfort encompasses you throughout this process.

Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

I feel your pain. (See my blog for the details.) :)

Praying for you...

LiteratureLover said...

I'm sorry you're having to struggle through this. It's so hard with the unknown.

Ruth said...

Hey Girl! I have been so busy with school winding down..just 2 more weeks! Thanks for the 4 things MEME!!! I really enjoyed reading yours...girl...we could so have fun in the same town. :)
I'm praying for ya'll...hubby and I are in the same boat...praying, waiting, making some big decisions...I actually get nauseated as I wait for answers sometimes...and I'm still waiting and trusting God..I just can't get over being nervous not having the control. I'll continue praying for you. The Easter pics of your babies...they're beautiful children. :)

thebarefootpoet said...

I'm right there with you guys. I don't have all this figured out, but for me "casting my cares" and having faith have looked like me simply choosing to move forward.To choose to not stall and demand understanding and answers but to somehow acknowledge that God is working things for my good and His glory so I will start putting one foot in front of the other and go. The joy in this? All I can say is that in my disappointment and lack of the answer I sought, the spark of faith and hope I feel are a result that God is present with me in this moment, and knowing that gives me joy. Know my prayers are with your family.