Monday, November 27, 2006

Thankful

I hope that you all had a good thanksgiving! We had a wonderful time at my husband's family. We drove up on Thanksgiving morning and helped with food, visited family, watched the kids play, play games etc. It was a lovely day. That evening we hit the beds pretty early because we were all tired and getting ready for morning shopping on Friday. My sister in law and I met in the hall at 4:15am...yes, you read it right. It is always so exciting to get up and do that. She had her eyes on a t.v. only so we took separate cars. I chatted with my sister and mom throughout the morning of shopping and that was fun and felt like we were still together in the process.

Hubby was given a ticket to the game and he was thrilled! So he and much of the family headed out. My sister in law and I stayed behind with kids. The kids explored the woods, played on hay in the barn, shot bb guns and the boys got to go hunting early in the morning with the men. Hubby and son saw a doe but didn't shoot. They had fun watching her.

Anyway, after the group left for the game and the kids headed to barn with walkie talkie, we got to visit with Memaw R. After she left my sister-n-law layed down for a nap with her girls. I wrapped the presents I had bought. When she got up we watched the end of the game and got to visit! It was great!

HUBBY GOT ON TV!! He landed himself right behind the reporter...we were shrilling with delight...the kids saw it too and it was so funny and fun!

We then fixed enchilada's for dinner and the crew all came home and we ate and relaxed together! Sat. morning we got up leisurely then headed home. Once home we decorated our tree and it is SO pretty!! I love looking at it. We put up decor in the house and then the kids decorated gingerbread houses! They did such a great job!!

Anyway, I am so thankful, for all this family time, for family period, for friends and blogworld! ;)

Yesterday we got together with friends for prayer time in the evening and it was sooooo refreshing!! I hope your holidays were good! Please fill me in!

1 comment:

LiteratureLover said...

Your Thanksgiving sounds so wonderful. That's hilarious that he ended up on T.V.!! I bet the kids WERE loving it. We got our ornaments up and even hung some lights outside which is unusual for us. ;)