Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Happy Birthday Brother/Joyful journey! Friends visit

I am belated by accident having planned my words but not publishing them at the right time.

My precious brother was born years later almost on my(and sister) birthday. He has been the one we loved on, smooched on, ruled over, talked with, laughed with and just enjoyed. He can tell stories that have me laughing so hard I cry. He is a strong leader and I have always wished I had his ability to lead and not look back yet he also has a very compassionate heart! As we get older I see more of his sweetness as he dotes on the nieces and nephews and is easy going like my Dad. One of my funny childhood memories are when my brother would spy on me and my date, or come in to get attention with a paper sack on his head and sit between me and friends or when he would ask for ice cream money only to later discover his stash of money in the drawer. He has always been a smart and funny little guy! Happy Birthday Brother! I love you!

My sweet friend Joyful journey has been in my life for many years. We have many memories that we share. She is one that is always interested in what others have to say and she had great input to give. She is loveable, easy going, and just down right sweet! One of my fondest memories with she and her hubby are when they went with us on a youth trip. It was an adventure with many interesting youth issues and singing and driving (wrecking) etc. I also loved our early morning walks and talks and sharing a duplex! I have always enjoyed and will always enjoy her friendship and am so happy we have re-connected in blog world! I look forward to a screamy reunion in person some day in the near future. Happy birthday my sweet friend!

I also forgot to mention that last week the day before my b-day a dear friend that shared the birth of my kids with me came to visit with her family. It was just like home week. I ran to hug her and we were screaming with joy over seeing each other! The kids looked at us like we were crazy. We haven't seen each other in 3 years but it feels like yesterday. I'm sure for kids it is hard to understand our special bond since we are not around each other right now but it is just like picking up where you take off. It really felt like fresh water renourishing you. What a treat!

Again, just sooo thankful for the priceless blessing in my life!

8 comments:

LiteratureLover said...

What sweet tributes. It's good to have wonderful family and great friends. :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
LiteratureLover said...

p.s. I love your new pictures! :)

joyfuljourney said...

Hey sweet thing! Our internet service is slower than dial-up right now and blogging has been difficult. I am so sorry that this comment has taken so long! You are so wonderful! I am blessed beyond measure to have such precious friends!!

I need your mailing address so I can send you the Jackson Christmas card!!!

Love you!

Bttrfly1976 said...

I think that one month and six days is more than long enough to have come up with something, anything, to tell me about. C'mon now.

Bttrfly1976 said...

ohhh, i'll quit posting now that I see you have to approve it first....ha ha ha, well at least you will have gotten the point, right?? :)