Thursday, August 31, 2006

Awwww!

I have noticed since I started working part time out of the home that I cherish even more the time I am in the home with hubby and kids. I miss them. However, the job is going good and feeling like the Lord is really helping me get a flow with it and just with the whole schedule. Thank you for your prayers!

Anyway, I was with my kids today swimming. We were doing races across the pool, pony rides, spins, hand stands etc. I have done that the last few days with them because the pool is about to close. I have so enjoyed our time there as well as Bible and table time! They are such amazing blessings!

My mom commented on how my son is seeming older. I have been emotional about that lately anyway (well about everything really because it is probably that...well, ladies you know) and last night while driving I was listening to Dobson talk about boys having to distance themselves from their moms (teenage years). This is so hard for me to think about. I love my kids and can't stand the thought of ever being distant from them. However, I can see even in the last couple of years how that has happened a little but still lots of closeness. I get teared up anytime I think of it. Also, a man spoke a few weeks ago about missing hearing his kids call "Daddy" . My husband eyeballed me and chuckled cause he knew I was crying .Okay, am I making you cry yet? I haven't even gotten to the good stuff yet!

So, last night my daughter fell asleep and hubby was already in bed and my son said "Mom, can we just cuddle and talk?" (like I'm saying no to that request on my night off!). So, we cuddle up and he just begins asking questions and we have such great talk! He asks me what I think he would be good at....everything! He wants specific ideas. He then says to me (on a different thought), Mom, I am thinking that I ought to memorize the whole Bible so if I went to a country that didn't have one I could tell them about God. (tears coming and smile beaming...could it get any better?) We chatted about many things eye ball to eye ball and it was one of those very special moments. He asked me, "Mom, do you think you will always love me?" Yes honey!...I will forever love you!! (he beamed with wide smile) We talked about how boys go through different stages growing up. He later said "Mommy I hope we are always close!" WHHHHaaaaaa, bwaaaaa....mee tooo baby! Can I get that in writing? And he closed with "I love you mommy!" in his sweet 9 year old voice. I love you too sweetie!!!! Okay, I'm crying again...did I mention that I have been a tad bit emotional lately. L

My baby girl has also been so cuddly lately and I love it. She still likes to pretend to be a baby and she is really funny. The other day we were reading about Abraham and Sarah and when she died. They decided to act it out and it was so funny. I know that sounds weird but they were what made it funny. Her standing up and then flopping on the couch when I got to the dead part. She was just telling me the other day that she wanted to do more cooking and sewing in productive play time. Yesterday I decided to fix eggs and pancakes and she went to get started. It was so cute. I would just tell her what to do and she did great. I stepped out of the room for a minute and came back and she was almost in tears. I asked what was wrong and she pointed...cracked egg on floor...told her not to worry, it happens to all of us. She didn't want to do the stirring or stuff by the stove cause it scarred her that she would get burned. We finally got a stool to lift her higher and she felt more safe but I was there close helping. It was fun. She also has wanted me to sit and just hold her. I LOVE that! Lots of smooches to those little cheeks.

Well, I have much more to write about but need to stop. Thanks for letting me share my heart about my little treasures. Hope you are having a great week! Hold those you love a little closer!
BTW, you guys are amazing encouragers! I have been so encouraged by your sweet comments! You're the best!

8 comments:

Paulette said...

Thankyou for sharing your heart about your family. There is no greater Joy than raising children and being grateful about the times you have with them.
I wanted you to know that I think you have such a wonderful attitude about going back to work. Your words inspire me, and I can so see God at work in your circumstances.
I love that you would take on one of the hardest jobs out there at that and have such a great attitude about it.
Your family is lucky to have you in there life.
I liked when you talked about your son. I have a 16 year old and we are very close. I can see him now beginning to separate from me in just little ways.We are very close and I am still his favorite person, but I do want him to begin to move apart some so he can gain more independance. Its all good.

joyfuljourney said...

How sweet and wonderful! I'd been curious about how you are handling less time at home. What a blessing that your kiddos are sensitive to your need to cuddle with them and to their own needs to talk (and cook)with you.

I love the re-enactment of Sarah's death! Sounds like something that would happen at our house! Our boys are so dramatic! I think they get that from their dad (remember the effeminate King Nebuchadnezzar?) Last night before bed we sat and watched them dance to their favorite songs from Tree 63. J got into it and was dancing crazy with them! It was priceless! I was so wishing time could stand still and let them stay this age a while longer!

Diane Viere said...

These moments are priceless! Glad you are in the moment!

Diane

Dana~Are We There Yet? said...

Awwww! is right!

Couldn't you just squeeze 'em 'til their cream-filling comes out?

Thanks for the peek into your busy, happy world.

Bttrfly1976 said...

You do have some sweet little kiddos. I am sure this has been an adjustment for them, so used to always having you right there. It sounds as though you are all doing a good job of handling all the change. I hate that you are having to do this, but am very glad that you are having all the good times in between. Love you!

ValiantDad said...

no fair, making me "well up" at work! i guess i'll have to start reading this blog after I get home! not cool to cry in the construction office (must be allergies -- if anyone asks!) ha,ha
you are an "Awwwww"some mom and wife, and i thank God for His gift of you to me in this lifetime! i better go -- "allergies" again!

heartsjoy said...

P - thank you for your very sweet words!
JJ - you are always so sweet with your words, I can' picture your cutie boys acting as well!
D - They are priceless! :)
Clem - LOL, squeezing until the cream comes out...tooo cute!
Btfly - thank you for your sweet understanding and love!
VD - my awwwwsome hubby! sorry to trigger those allergies wink.

Paulette said...

Cool our choir did this song in practice tonight, it made me smile!!
Thanks for visiting, I miss you. I keep checking for updates!
Blessings to you.