Saturday, August 05, 2006

Shocking!

I came by this by chance and was floored. It is a segment from the view where Elizabeth takes and strong and passionate stance about the morning after pill taking away life. She is quickly argued with but then sortof told she is out of control . The media labels this clip as "Elizabeth is loosing her mind". It is so amazing, they are trying to do damage control and don't want pro-life heard. I have not heard such a heartfelt stance for life in a while. I am not to shocked by Barbara bringing up the worst case senerio and putting it all on the line for that. E- tries to talk as if that were the only case...she is not advocating that only but saying from that argument. Thought you would be interested to note how shocking everyone makes her passion. Scary stuff. http://youtube.com/watch?v=1QI6QhyW_9g

4 comments:

SuperMom said...

I saw that too and couldn't believe it!!

Jill said...

I didn't see this on the show, but just watched the clip. Goodness gracious. However, there was a "part 2" to "Elizabeth looses her mind" in which Barbara Walters kinda comes out of her reprimand and tells Elizabeth that one of the things she loves about her is her passion and she respected her opinion. I thought that was at least nice and hallelujah that someone on morning TV stands up for the right thing!

Diane Viere said...

Amazing! I didn't see what Elizabeth said...but I did see the next segment where Barbara tried to make things better. "Blah-blah-blah-blah!" Joy says what EVER she wants without reprimand! Star certainly did. Meredith was outrageously funny--yet, opinionated.....wonder why the conservative "baby" of the show is treated so differently! I may have to boycott The View....still I want to support Elizabeth! Hmmmmm!

Diane

Bttrfly1976 said...

I think I am more surprised that you are shocked than being shocked by the clip. In today's society it is nothing but a HUGE double standard. If you decide to take the life of your child, than it is just tissue, and completely your right to decide if the tissue stays. However, if you murder a pregnant woman, than you are guilty of double murder. Why is it a life, an actual person in one scenario and nothing of any value what-so-ever in the other? We have some jacked up standards these days, no doubt.