Wednesday, September 06, 2006

New horizons

I thought I would share a bit about new situations and things I am seeing God at work in.

B - young girl with really no family support, opening up to me like a sister or mother for no reason, feeling God is allowing me to get to know her.
N - has fiance and baby on the way and so young, opened up to me out of the blue while I was doing what I hate (polishing silverware). I have to admit both big talks came while doing that.
L - gorgeous hispanic young lady with 9 month old boy....soooo sweet, asking me what day I am off, I think she wants to get together. I would love to get to know her more!
T - single businessman who went through a lot already seems like a brother to me.
F - husband and father working two jobs
E - husband and father working two jobs chats with me about son
I had asked God in the beginning why I had to do all that silverware and I think I am seeing a purpose now...if it weren't for that and my back chores I would be out ASAP but it holds me and creates these moments for relationship.

A - came strong to me at first but realized I backed off. Later asked me what religion was I? ...christian

Cooks, hostesses, servers, managers, bartenders - creating relationships with them and having moments of talk time and questions about my life and thoughts as well.

I also have been blessed with words and notes of affirmation, I must admit it feels good.

Concerns/challenges - I have had instances where I am being friendly and then somewhere it turns and I begin to feel uncomfortable with the direction(males). I would ask for prayer in discernment on being friendly but not where they are thinking anything. One example, I was even Asked for a hug and a kiss, I quickly piped..."I'm a married woman!" He replied, "I'm not asking for a date!" I just laughed and walked off. (Quickly YIKES!) You know it just makes men look desparate and gross when they take it to a level like that, knowing I'm madly in love with my hubby and kids. I know I am a little naive in this area and don't want to be.

Listening to the language is also a little hard because I hear a lot and I don't want to have it in my head. I know many people don't have issues with this but I do, it pulls me down.

Well, that's it for updates of praise and challenges as far as the out of the home work goes. I have plenty more where that came from! :) hee hee. Thank you so much for your prayers. I pray before I go to work for the situations and the people etc because I am scared. God is truly the strength and anything good that comes is obviously Him!

P.S. Last night I was off and had date night with my man! That was so great!!

7 comments:

ValiantDad said...

Honey,
you've got nothing to be scared of, because He who is in you, is greater than he who is in the world! It's great to see how God uses you wherever you are!
P.S.
Make some good tips tonight to pay back our date night! ha,ha

LiteratureLover said...

Valiantdad sure is onery! ;)

I am so glad you have this opportunity to reach out to all those people. It makes me realize that I need to be bathing you in prayer more than I do. Thanks for the update!

Bttrfly1976 said...

It sounds as though for the most part, the new job is full of great oppurtunities for establishing new relationships....that would be your ministry wherever you go thing. Guys do stink when they behave that way. Just watch yourself, be careful, I mean. Glad you got in a date night there, even if he is making you pay it back, lol! He is onery!

Paulette said...

I will pray for boldness for you, especially in the work arena. Hubby is def right he who is in you is who people will see.
I love when we have the opportunity to be a bold witness wherever God puts us.
Ill bet it would be a hoot working with you.

Dana~Are We There Yet? said...

How is your homeschool doing? What grades are your kids (or should I maybe ask what Seasons)?

I've applied for a couple of part-time jobs, and I'm very concerned about how it will affect our homeschool.

Be blessed, Sister!

janiners said...

I'm so very excited for you to have these opportunities with the people God has brought into your life and for you being so open, willing, and available. I'm with literaturelover - we will be praying for you, girl!

Bttrfly1976 said...

Hey woman! How's work, home, life, etc? I miss you!