Sunday, June 22, 2008

Back from a long break from blogging

Well, my kids had a very busy year at their school. They learned so much and I probably learned more. It was a lot of driving back and forth on those days and we are looking to homeschool again in the fall. WHOO HOOO!!

I really enjoyed my job working with children in the church but I was able to let that go as well and come back to the homefront and can I say WHOO HOO!! I LOVE LOVE being back home with my family. I can actually think again about meal prep,cleaning out home etc. I can plan. It has been heaven. Not to mention that I just spent the last month and a half after quitting getting to go to 3 family graduations, help with wedding preparations (so fun, my brother and fiance), celebrate b-days, get to spend time taking care of Memaw, getting with family, getting to visit sister!! (sooo nice, we used to get to do it all the time but have so missed that time with her!)

So, now I am back home and a little more settled but it has just been so wonderful to have the freedom to do all of those things. Tonight was the start of VBS for our church that I was children's leader for. I hadn't seen so many of the people since I had left. I cannot tell you the great pleasure when I walked out and the kids all began running to me for hugs and say "Miss C! Miss C!! It was priceless!!

I was just suppose to be helping out with registration but it turned out to be very confusing, not ready and you know, how the first night usually goes but worse. I felt ownership because I had picked this VBS but I was no longer in charge of it. However, each time you go through stuff you learn for the next year and that is what our director did. The decor. was amazing and once we finally got everyone where they needed to go it was wonderful. I felt like people were genuinely happy to see me and seemed to have really missed me. That is always a good feeling.

Oh! I also got to have a sleepover at a hotel with 3 of my other close friends. We have been planning it for 5 years. lol Actually, that is when we first started talking about it but you know, time, business and all. It was HEAVENLY!! Getting away and talking for hours on end, sharing our hearts and also just being goofy. We got to eat out, plan school, talk about sooo much with everyone, paint, soak in hot tub! Glorious! I got a full 24 hours off. Not to mention that my dear hubby was at home on Sat. with the kids cleaning out the garage. It just doesn't get better than that! :)

After I got home another friend called and was free and wanted me to go with her. I hadn't had much sleep but my hubby thought I should go since I hadn't seen her in a while. Is that not the sweetest? After I just got back and he was encouraging me to go again? He and the kids were into the star wars trilogy so I was good to go.

It was so fun catching up with her as well.

I tell ya, I definitely have some sweet friends on here that live in Texas that I would love to meet and catch up with some day And some in Ks!

Hope you guys have a refreshing week as I had over the weekend. I can't believe how much that encouraged and energized me!

1 comment:

joyfuljourney said...

Oh my word! Welcome back! Occasionally I would check over here to see if you were blogging again. Then the other day, there you were on my blog! So good to hear from you!

I've been so busy that my blog is quite neglected. But just this week, things are slowing down. Maybe I'll find some time to update.

You are certainly someone I would love to catch up with. Could use your listening ear and ADVICE! We are seriously considering homeschooling next year. AAAHHHH! Did I really just type that? The book I'm reading (I Saw the Angel in the Marble) quotes your favorite homeschooling resource and I immediately thought of you. Please don't comment on my blog about it until I post what we are praying about. Not everyone knows!

Anyway, I look forward to catching up! Love ya girl!