Monday, July 14, 2008

Rebellion/Re-education

Well, this past week I had some interactions with family and I can't believe how quickly I can be like a 2 year old. I do NOT, as a full fledged adult, want to be TOLD what to do! I would rather resist than lovingly embrace a bossy instruction.

I am wrestling with letting go of my rights but also not letting others get away with their selfishness. However, if I was not being selfish myself, their selfishness probably wouldn't bother me so much! L

The Lord has been dealing with me on my little tudes and how they also affect my family and get planted in them as well. My kids are watching and learning and ick, this is not the way I want them to be.

I have been re-reading some of my articles from Marilyn Howshall. Can I just say that I am truly hit to the heart.

I realize that I act in the flesh way to much including my parenting.

She does such a good job of sweetly saying things that just hit hard...in a good way.

I hate that I react in my flesh with my kids and I don't like knowing that it is producing the same in them when I do that.

However, I am excited and encouraged to enter into a phase of God squeezing and working in my life to flush out that big fleshy side. He is so gracious to be patient and continue to teach me!

3 comments:

LiteratureLover said...

Ah, the big fleshy side. Guk! I hate that side.

P.S. I can finally comment again! I figured out my problem. :)

Bttrfly1976 said...

My theory is that everyone is selfish but me!

Ok perhaps that isn't entirely true.

I think the fact that you are willing to work, or allow God to work, on that part of yourself shows at least some shred of selflessness, right??

heartsjoy said...

lol, i'm hoping there is a thread but i'm having to look with microscope.

thanks for your encouragements.

ll, glad you can comment again!